EAKRING PARISH COUNCIL

 

                         Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on

                     Wednesday 13th March 2013 at 7.30 p.m. in the Cator Hall

 

Present:Mrs M Curry, Mr L Haslam, Mr R Brown, Mrs S Wilson, Mr P Lambert, Mrs J Chow, Cllr A Stewart, Cllr B Laughton.

Apologies:Cllr N Armstrong,

Minutes:The Minutes of a meeting held on 13th February 2013 were circulated prior to the meeting. It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mr L Haslam and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record. The Minutes of a meeting held on 27th February 2013 were circulated prior to the meeting. It was proposed by Mr P Lambert, seconded by Mrs J Chow and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

Matters Arising:

1.Wind Farm Update: Mrs Curry told the Meeting she had been in touch with Phil Holden who had informed her that the crane had arrived today (13.3.13) and the first turbine  would begin going up later this week.

2.National Grid Pylon Scheme: Mrs Curry announced she had nothing to report. Mr Lambert though informed the PC that he had been unable to arrange the promised visit to National Grid to discuss recent developments including Murphys vehicle concerns.  As the PC were still concerned about convoying into the village by this company and damage being caused to the verge on Kirklington Road Mrs Curry agreed to assist Mr Lambert to contact Bryan Ashford at National Grid.

Mrs Curry said she had been in touch with Toby Barker to explain the Parish Council’s thinking about the size of the Community Grant and she had been led to believe there was room for negotiation.

3. Oilpatch Warrior Statue: Cllr Stewart explained that he had a meeting arranged for Thursday 14th Mar to view sites at Rufford Abbey Grounds for the statue. There were some problems with the possible costings (£14,000?) for the replica statue which needed to be overcome and talks were ongoing with Kevin Topham. Mrs Curry voiced the opinion that this would be a good solution.

4. Green Lane Inspection: This has been postponed to next month due to adverse weather conditions.

5.Rubbish Dumped on Recreation Ground: This turned out to be outer casing from armoured cable with the metal core stolen. The Clerk reported that after the Police refused to attend as they considered it rubbish that had been dumped he contacted National Grid who said it did not belong to them but Western Power Distribution, who had put the substation into Eakring in December, attended swiftly. They checked the substation which had not been touched, however they said the cable was similar to that used by them on other sites around the country and took it away for us.

6. Planning: Mrs Curry explained her and the Clerk’s various contacts with NSDC over the past two weeks regarding planning matters. The Parish Council decided that they would not be able to consider the Planning Application before them No 12/01075/FUL because of the lack of documentation supplied. They asked the Clerk ring NSDC and pursue their legal right to the documentation   and to be consulted on a planning matter in their parish. The Parish Council agreed that Mrs Curry would contact Cllr Laughton to explain their concerns about the actions of the NSDC Planning Department and its recent actions.

7. Planning 2. The Parish Council heard that a property in the village had applied for planning permission but that its application lacked certain documentation before it could proceed

County/District Councillors:

1.Cllr Stewart had attended meetings concerning the Countryman Bus and told the meeting it had been arranged to continue the Wednesday service (slightly later start), discontinue the Saturday service but add a Friday service to either Southwell or Newark for an experimental 6 month period from start of April. He sought views on which destination would be preferable but the PC thought that the regular bus users were the ones who should be canvassed for their views.

2. Cllr Stewart said he believed the HGV signs for the village were in the pipeline but that the process took a long time. Mrs Curry welcomed the news as she said the traffic situation was getting worse.

Cllr Laughton joined the meeting:

3.The Parish Council explained to Cllr Laughton the poor service they believed they were receiving from NSDC Planning Department including two planning applications in Eakring Parish which the Parish Council were not initially consulted upon, incomplete consultation documents being supplied and incidents of officials failing to return phone calls. Cllr Laughton agreed to contact Senior Persons at Kelham Hall and suggested a contact for Mrs Curry to do the same.

4. The Parish Council asked Cllr Laughton if he could look into a planning issue.

5. Cllr Laughton mentioned that a villager had raised the issue of the Eakring Sewage plant and its capacity to cope. Parish Councillors agreed with this concer, especially in light of new development in the village, and Cllr Laughton said he would follow it up with STWA.

Correspondence:

1.NSDC: Electoral Review of Newark and Sherwood: -noted

2.NSDC: Re: Improvements to accessing application online-Public Access for Planning Applications

3.NALC: 2013 Best Kept Village Competition

4.Notts Police and Crime Commissioner Newsletter: ‘The Beat’

Items Circulated:

1.NCC: Mobile Library poster-displayed

2.Online Playgrounds brochure

3.Clerks and Councils Direct- March 2013

4.Wicksteed brochure

5.NCC: Notts Minerals Local Plan Update

6.Discover the New Mansfield Bus Station

7.News fron Arts Development at NSDC

8. NSDC: Government’s Green Deal information.

Planning:

                                        Application Number 12/01075/FUL

                                        Solar Farm

                                        Bilsthorpe Business Park Eakring Road Bilsthorpe

 

See earlier in the Minutes- due to a lack of information supplied by NSDC discussion on this was postponed.

Cator Hall:

There was unanimous praise from those present for the refurbishment work carried out on the Hall and it was decided to sent a letter to the Cator Hall Management Committee thanking those who had given up their time and had so skilfully carried out the work.

Recreation Ground:

Mr Haslam revealed that he had been in touch with Eakring Farming who had agreed to mow the Field for the 2013 season as well as deal with the scrub on the east side. Mr Lambert asked questions regarding the first cut and total number of cuts per annum.

Accounts:

                        Clerk’s Salary                                                                            £224.32

                        Office Sundries                                                                          £  18.34

It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mr L Haslam and agreed unanimously that these accounts be paid.

Any Other Business:

1.Mrs Chow asked if consideration could be given to the reintroduction of the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme to the village. Mr Haslam explained that Eakring belonged to the Trent Valley group of villages where policing matters were discussed and agreed to obtain information from the Police Liaison Officer

2. Mr Lambert said he had been walking some of the village footpaths and raised concerns about FP 2.

3. The Telephone Box was raised as an issue by Mrs Curry who thought a Volunteer ought to be sought from the village to keep it clean and keepit in good order. The Clerk pointed out that a Plactic strip with the word Telephone on had disappeared from the top in the last month and that the light was not working. It was agreed to advertise for a Volunteer in the Eakring Echo with the equipment being supplied by the Parish Council.

4. Mrs Curry enquired about the litter bin on Main Street by the Bus Shelter. The Clerk replied that NSDC had been asked to re-site it on the  lamppost.

 

8.30.p.m.Karen Tarbuton from RCAN joined the meeting. The Parish Council had been considering drawing up a Neighbourhood Plan to protect the open spaces in the village. Karen offered advice on an alternative route of preparing a Community Led Plan which although she admitted its limitations in influencing planning decisions explained the advantages in terms of gaining funding and help for social and environmental projects.

She laid out the advantages of this route of action and the meeting concluded with Councillors being given time to consider future actions.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.10 p.m.

 

Davi Ottewell

Clerk

13.3.2013.