EAKRING PARISH COUNCIL

                    Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on

           Wednesday 10th October 2012 at 7.30 p.m. in the Cator Hall.

Present: Mrs M Curry, Mr L Haslam, Mrs S Wilson, Mr R Brown, Cllr N Armstrong, Cllr A Stewart, Cllr B Laughton.

Apologies:Mr R Howes, Mr P Lambert.

Minutes:The Minutes of the meeting held on 12th September were circulated prior to the meeting. It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mr R Brown and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

Matters Arising:

1.Report on Parish Council Conference: Mrs Curry and Mr Haslam had attended this event and gave a debriefing for the rest of the Parish Council. They revealed that the main theme had been localism but that NSDC were waiting for Central Government to give them more details so they could progress their own plans. They went on to report back on the workshops they attended the most relevant being ‘Community Iniatives’ and the section on defibrilators.

There were also mentions of changes in Council Tax collection on empty properties and the Precept timetable.

2.Oil Patch Warrior Statue: Mr Haslam said he had met with Cllr Stewart and Bryan Ashford (National Grid) and the latter believed that the most relevant site for the statue would be back at Dukes Wood. Further meetings were planned with National Grid hoping to use their best endeavours to assist in securing the site and improving the museum.

3.Reply from Mr Colin Walker: Mrs Curry read out a reply from the Head of NSDC Planning Dept about the Parish Council’s concern that information about planning applications is not  being fully sent to them for consideration but is being added to the application after the Parish Council has made their recommendation. Mr Walker replied that the PC needed to go on the information they were presented with at that time. Cllr Armstrong agreed to follow up the matter with Mr Walker.

4.Salt Bags. 5 bags of salt have been ordered from NCC.

5.Letter of Thanks: It was agreed to send a letter of thanks to Mr Rod Neale acknowledging his service on the Parish Council since 1991.

County/District Councillors:

1.Cllr Armstrong mentioned the possibility of Laxton losing the 3 field system  and the Parish Council agreed that such a historically important feature should be saved if at all possible.

2.Cllr Armstrong said that although the NSDC Green Waste collection proposal had not proved viable due to low number take up the District Council were considering linking up with Mansfield District Council to allow them to collect green waste from communities adjacent to their area.

3.The Parish Council pointed out to Cllr Stewart and Cllr Armstrong that the new building development at Highbury and Santana on Back Lane had already resulted in two incidents of damage to the road which the Parish Council had pointed out would happen on such a narrow road not designed for heavy traffic. Cllr Stewart advised contacting NCC.

4.The issue of large lorries on the Caunton Road was raised again. Reports of a near miss with an Oakwood Fuels vehicle raised concerns and the Clerk was designated to write to the Company whilst Cllr Stewart agreed to contact NCC over the belief that their vehicles are using the road as a cut through to Newark instead of the approved route.

5. News was given that the Wellow to Eakring Road has been placed on the gritting rota for this winter.

Correspondence:

1.CHMC: Thank you for cheque for £400.00

2.St Andrews PCC: Thank You for cheque for £73.29 to help towards the Youth Club.

3. Becket Builders: Instructions have been given to Contractor to cut back overgrown hedge, junction Main St/Kirklington Rd asap.

4.NSDC: A Diamond Jubilee Concert of Music..-8 Nov

5.NCC Now’s The Time poster.

Items Circulated:

1.Notts Fire and Resue; ‘Response’ magazine- Autumn 2012.

2.NSDC: Items to be Considered at Planning Committee-2nd Oct.

3.NSDC: Newark and Sherwood Allocations and Development Management Development Plan Document- Submission for examination and consultation on strategic policies and allocations.

4.Glasdon Brochure.

5.NCC: Notts and Nottm Waste Core Strategy- Schedule of Proposed Changes.

6. Royal Mail: A Helping Hand from Royal Mail this Christmas.

Planning:

                The following decision notice has been received:

                                     Application Number 12/01091/FUL

                                     Householder application for a first floor extension

                                     The Coach House, Kirklington Road, Eakring

                                     Application Permitted Full Planning Permission 25.9.12

 

National Grid Planning Application: Consultation on Planning: Mr Haslam and Mrs Curry reported on a meeting they had held with representatives from National Grid concerning their proposals to site six new style training pylons on land adjacent to their premises at Eakring. The meeting discussed the pros and cons of the scheme and at this stage saw positives in the pylons being basically unobtrusive and the site providing employment for local people although they noted that the Robin Hood Way would have to be diverted which would have to be done carefully. Mrs Curry said that a 106 would be involved and the project was planned  to start in the spring and end in the summer 2013. National Grid were having consultation meetings for villagers on 26 and 27 October in the Cator Hall. Clerk to put up notices on notice board,in the  bus stop and in the telephone box.

Cator Hall:

Mrs Curry agreed to contact Blackwells again to see if they could carry out work on the front wall asap,whilst Mr Brown reported the rear retaining wall had seen no change in situation. The CHMC hoped to fix the drains at the back of the hall but this could take at least half of their funds.  Mr Brown pointed out that there were many routine maintenance tasks that the Hall required as well as improvements all of which needed funding. Mrs Curry said one future source of income to the village was the money from the turbines and maybe some radical thought should be given to what should be done with some of it.

The Parish Council agreed to the purchase of a filing cabinet and the placing of old records in the Cator Hall.

Recreation Ground:

Mr Haslam said that he hoped Eakring Farming would have time soon to deal with the encroaching scrub on the eastern side.

Accounts:

                           Cator Hall Rent       (Apr – Sept )                                                 £ 32.50

It was proposed by Mr L Haslam, seconded by Mrs S Wilson and agreed unanimously to pay this account.

Any Other Business:

1.Localism: Neighbourhood Plan: The Parish Council agreed to study the NSDC document:

‘Neighbourhood Planning- Something for Your Council to Consider’ which will be circulated before next month’s meeting. Mrs Curry also suggested Councillors looked at the Aylesbury Vale Neighbourhood Plan site.

2. Approval of Fixed Assets Register: The meeting suggested two changes to the provisional 2012/2013 Register believing that the value of the wooden benches should be £300 each.

3.Christmas Tree Lighting up; Suggested date was Friday 07 December ( 6.00 p.m.) reserve date - 14 Dec.

4. It was agreed to make the same gift as last year to the Auditor.

 

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.55 p.m.

 

David Ottewell

Clerk.

10.10. 2012.