EAKRING PARISH COUNCIL

                      Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on

                        Wednesday 9th September 2015 in the Cator Hall

Present:Mrs M Curry, Mr R Brown, Mr R Howes, Mrs S Wilson, Mr T White, Mr J Sweeney, Mrs N Kirk, Cllr R Jackson (NCC) and 1 Parishoner.

1.Councillor’s Declarations of Interest:

There were none.

2.Minutes:

2.1: The Minutes of the meeting held on 8th. July were circulated prior to the meeting. It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson,seconded by Mr J Sweeney and agreed unanimously that they be signed as a true record.

2.2: The Minutes of the meeting held on 16th. July were circulated prior to the meeting. It was proposed by Mrs N Kirk, seconded by Mrs S Wilson and agreed unanimously that they be signed as a true record.

3.Matters Arising:

3.1:Bilsthorpe Incinerator Planning Appeal update: Mrs Curry revealed that at the 3rd November Enquiry Mark Spencer MP will speak on behalf of local residents providing the Inspector will allow his contribution on the day he is available. Cllr Bruce Laughton has also agreed to speak. Mrs Curry added some good news that a Notts and Derbys Chamber of Commerce member, who originally favoured the scheme, had now sent in an objection as he did not believe it would bring jobs into the area.Farnsfield PC have indicated their opposition and Southwell Civic Society have voiced concerns that they believe the Incinerator will affect the Minster.Mrs Curry again appealed to those present to encourage Objectors to write in with their opinions.

3.2: Defibrillator update: The Clerk said that Newark Community First Aid had run a Defibrillator familiarisation course in the Cator Hall. In view of the fact that they had also given a free First Aid Course previously in the village it was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mr R Howes and agreed unanimously to make a £50 donation to the Charity.

The Clerk said he had Emailed the EMAS contact on two occasions to register the defibrillator but had not as yet received a reply to confirm it was on line. It was suggested that another contact address be sought via the EMAS web site.

Mr Sweeney confirmed that he was checking the defibrillator regularly and it was in good order.

3.3:Wind Farm update: Mrs Wilson told the meeting she had received a letter from Mark Spencer MP and a meeting had been arranged with Laings in Hucknall on 6th Nov. to raise concerns regarding noise and shadow flicker.

3.4: The Clerk said he had written to Lightsource(Solar Farm) requesting  confirmation of the ongoing nature of the Community Benefit Payment in letter form and now awaited a reply.

4.Public Questions and Comments:

4.1: Mrs Wilson said she had received comments regarding the speed traffic was travelling on Back Lane as there had been some ‘near misses’ with pedestrians. It was agreed to put a note in the Eakring Echo.

4.2:Phone Call and Email regarding the playing of football on Kirklington Road/junction of Triumph Road. The Parish Council discussed the issue recognising it caused distress to residents and was a danger to those participating.Some Councillors agreed to have a’quiet word’ whist making the playing field a more attractive venue for games was focused on. Mrs Curry made two suggestions for keeping dogs off the field: One: contact NSDC and ask if they would have another go at putting up the fence behind the garages on Triumph Close to stop the  unofficial footpath across the field. Two: fence off a section of the field from the Triumph Road gate to the bridge over the dyke so that the official footpath is completely isolated from the field. This second idea drew some opposition as it was felt a lot of field would be lost and the seating area removed from the rest of the field. A suggestion was made to put dog bins up but it was pointed that the Parish Council would have to pay for emptying and this would be £15 weekly per bin.

5.County/District Councillors:

5.1:Mrs Curry asked Cllr Jackson if he would be speaking at the Incinerator Enquiry? He replied yes if he was not stepping on Cllr Laughton’s toes. Mr Howes said he believed it was important that Eakring’s representative spoke as Eakring was in line for most impact from the Incinerator.

5.2: Cllr Jackson asked if the Parish Council could find the history of similar Incinerators and Mrs Curry replied that there were Plants in the Isle of Wight and Dumfries both of which exceeded emissions and closed.

5.3: Cllr Jackson enquired if the pot holes on the road near Dukes Wood had been mended. He was told a few but the road was still bad.

5.4: There were no District Councillors in attendance.

6.Correspondence:

6.1:NSDC: Annual Parish Conference 2015: This will take place on Monday 5th October. The Agenda was read out and Councillors were given the opportunity to pose questions for the Conference and join the attendance list. Mrs Curry will attend. Other Councillors to tell the Clerk by the 20th.

6.2:Nigel Spraggins, Diocese of Southwell: Query regarding specific questions Parish Council wish answering by obtaining the Cator Hall Deeds: After discussion the Parish Council realised there were so many points they wished clarifying by a personal viewing of the Deeds before agreeing to move ahead with the purchase of the Cator Hall that rather than submit a list of questions they would write to the Diocese and ask if a delegation could go and view the deeds in person.

6.3:NALC: AGM 18th November details including delegates list and voting forms- no nominations to return.

6.4:Newark and Sherwood CAB: Request for Grant Aid: The Clerk pointed out that provision was made in last year’s precept for money to go to this cause. It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mr R Howes and agreed unanimously that a grant of £50 be given to Newark and Southwell CAB.

6.5:Correspondence Circulated:

a.NALC:Employing Staff with Confidence-seminar 29 September

b.NALC: Options for Hosting Eakring PC Website.

cNALC: Changes to to Public Contract Regulations 2015.

d.NSDC: ApprenticeVacencies poster 1and 2

f.NSDC: Planning Committee agenda 11 Aug.

g.Abacus Playgrounds: Play Equipment Catalogue

h.CVS: Details of Concert for Courage-31 Oct

i.Beaumont House: Events and Upcoming Campaign

j.NSDC: Planning Committee agenda 4 Aug

k.CVS: Changes to WREN application procedure.

l.CVS: Civilian Life Event-12 Nov details.

m.CVS: Support for Veterans poster.

n.Roger Jackson: Email re. Kirklington Road breaking up.

o.Newark Communiry First Aid:Offer to Run Community Fisrt Aid Training.

p.CVs: Non NCC Funding.

r.Parkwood Consultancy: Neighbourhood Planning.

s.Community Tree Planting Grant 2015.

t.NALC: Applying for funding for the Transparency Fund.

u.Came and Co: Insurance matters to note.Autumn 2015.

v. CVS: Veterans in Notts poster.

7.Planning:

7.1:The following planning applications were received and returned:

      No:15/01413/FUL

      Variation of Conditions 3 and 5 attached to planning permission 11/0215/FUL

      Conversion of former agricultural buildings to 4 No Dwellings and erection of 4 No

      Dwellings

      Pond Farm, Kirklington Road, Eakring

      For 5  Against 1  absent 1

7.2:No:15/01426/LBC

      Variation of Condition 4 attached to planning permission 11/00220/LBC

      Alteration to former agricultural buildings to form 4 No Dwellings

      Pond Farm, Kirklington Road, Eakring

      For 5  Against 1  Absent 1

7.3:The following decision notice has been received:

      No: 15/00992/FUL

    Householder application to remove existing shed and erect

    Brick built garden room with workshop and store

    Forest Cottage, School Lane, Eakring

    Permitted Full Planning Permission 29.7.15

8.Cator Hall:

8.1:Report from Cator Hall Representative: Mr Brown said that there was £4294 in the funds but even so when a quote was received for a lighting project it was considered too expensive and the scheme has been put on hold. The Safari Supper will not go ahead due to lack of interest. Electricity testing is about to be undertaken.

9.Recreation Ground:

9.1: Mr Haslam had sent his apologies for not being at the meeting but had said that if the Playing Field Committee were to meet after the 19th he would be available.

9.2: There were two quotes for clearing the scrub around the field and mowing the field. The Meeting considered the tenders from Marc Hazard and Ulett Landscapes Ltd. It was proposed by Mr R Brown, seconded by Mrs S Wilson and agreed unanimously to accept the quote from Marc Hazard of £260 + £35 per hour for field mowing.

10.Mompesson’s Cross:

10.1: There was no date from the Notts CC Footpaths Officer for starting on the bridge to the Cross site and the accompanying steps. The Clerk agreed to contact her again.

11. Accounts:

11.1:Conclusion of Audit 2014/2015: The External Auditors had returned the Audit without finding any problems and the Clerk announced that he had advertised the Conclusion of the Audit as required.

11.2:Accounts for Payment:

        Clerk’s Salary  (July-Sept)                                                                             £ 241.68

        Office Sundries                                                                                              £    18.67

        Cator Hall Insurance(Cheque to CHMC)                                                      £  698.38

It was proposed by Mr J Sweeney, Seconded by Mrs S Wilson and agreed unanimously that these accounts be paid.

12.Other Agenda Items:

12.1:Transparency Code: The Clerk pointed out that this was now in force which amongst other things meant that all Parish Council Minutes,Agendas and Accounts needed to be published on a website. At present Mr Brown had kindly agreed to publish them as a subsection of the village website.

Mrs Curry said that via NALC it was possible to apply for a £350 grant towards a computer and £100 towards a scanner. She believed that the Parish Council should not have to rely on the Clerk providing these pieces of equipment free of charge and proposed to apply for the grants subject to Council approval, so that the Parish Council could purchase their own equipment. The Parish Council agreed unanimously.

12.2: It was agreed to update the Clerk’s Contract to reflect that July is now a month with a meeting.

12.3:Mr Chris Broughton(Planning Consultant) and Ms Claire Pendle joined the meeting.

They explained that on behalf of a Client who wished to build a bungalow in the village theyproposed to leaflet the village with a questionnaire. This was, they said, to obtain an impartial assessment of housing need and demand in Eakring.Under questioning from the Parish Council they explained that yes they needed the results to support their planning application to NSDC as part of S.P.3 Core Strategy Local Need, but the survey at Parish level would have benefits for the Village as a whole. It was something that the Village would need to have done and this was an opportunity to have an impartial, professional assessment carried out for free. Some Councillors expressed disquiet that it might open the ‘floodgates’ to a developer and that it ‘might set a precedent’.Mr Broughton said on the contrary it would provide the Village with evidence against unwanted development Mr Broughton showed Part 1 of the Survey and there were concerns expressed about paragraph 5. The Council also said they would like to see parts B,C before it went ahead and Mr Broughton agreed to Email these.Mr Broughton and Ms Pendle left the room; further discussion took place and a vote was called. Those in favour of supporting the Survey 5 Against 2(SW,JS).

13.Next Meeting:

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.30p.m.

The next meeting is on Wednesday 14th October 2015 at 7.30 p.m.

David Ottewell

Clerk.

9.9.2015