EAKRING PARISH COUNCIL

                         Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council

      on Wednesday 14th October 2015 at 7.30 p.m in the Cator Hall

present:Mrs M Curry, Mr R Brown, Mrs S Wilson, Mr T White, Mr J Sweeney, Mrs N Kirk, Cllr R Jackson (NCC) and 2 Parishoners.

1.Councillor’s Declarations of Interest:

2Minutes:

2.1:The Minutes of the meeting held on 9th September 2015 were circulated prior to the meeting.It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mr J Sweeney and agreed unanimously that they be signed as a true record.

3.Matters Arising:

3.1:Bilsthorpe Incinerator Planning Appeal update:Mrs Curry explained that if anyone wished to speak at the evening session on the 4th Nov they should register with the Inspector but everyone should note the session will finish ‘dead on time’. Mrs Curry said RAGE had engaged Rob Hughes to draw up a rebuttal to Peel’s case. As this was an expensive procedure she wondered if the Parish Council would consider making another contribution to RAGE’s Funds. Mr Brown proposed a donation of £250. This was seconded by Mrs Wilson and agreed unanimously.

3.2:Purchase of Cator Hall update: An appointment has been made for a delegation of Councillors to visit the Diocese Offices on Tuesday 20 Oct at 12.30 to examine the Cator Hall Deeds.

3.3: Wind Farm update: A meeting has been arranged in the Cator Hall Friday 6 November 1.30 p.m with representatives of Laings, Mark Spencer MP and concerned residents to discuss disturbances caused by the turbines. The effects of the noise on Eakring residents were explained to Councillor Jackson and what Laing were already prepared to do and not do regarding shadow flicker. Cllr Jackson said he would consult Environmental Health regarding noise levels. It was hoped that Laings would walk around the village as part of the meeting and that the wind would be in the right direction.

3.4: Mrs Curry said she had applied for the grant for a Parish Council computer, printer, scanner and software as mentioned last month.

4.Public Questions and Comments:

4.1: Mr Haslam remarked that he thought the new bridge and steps at the Mompesson Cross Site were a great improvement. The Clerk said he had heard many favourable comments from Parishoners however; the Chairman of the WI, in a phone call, had mentioned some concerns about the bridge being slippery in wet weather. He raised this with the NCC Footpath Officer and she said that she was happy for the Parish Council to put either chicken wire or hammer fence tacks into the surface to provide more grip.The Clerk, on behalf of the Chairman,also raised a concern, with the FP Officer, about the steps sinking over time due to their composition being soil. The Footpath Officer said that normally landowners just topped them up with soil and NCC did not supply gravel etc as a top dressing due to this being inappropriate in the rural environment. The Parish Council discussed this issue and decided they preferred gravel. It was proposed by Mr Brown, seconded by Mr Sweeney and agreed unanimously to purchase bags of gravel and top the steps up and Mr Brown agreed to do this.  Mr Haslam mentioned the new sign that he had provided and said he was quite happy to put it up.

5.County/District Councillors:

5.1:Cllr Jackson asked about the pot holes on Kirklington Road from Nation Grid and beyond.

5.2: Cllr Jackson explained about how NCC Highways would be operating in the future.

5.3: Cllr Jackson explained that the different Parties were having to set a joint budget at NCC.

5.4: Cllr Jackson and Councillors discussed better Broadband provision and how it had not arrived in Eakring.

5.5: No District Councillors were present.

6. Correspondence:

6.1: Correspondence at meeting:

a.NCC: Supporting Local Communities Fund 2016/17: The closing date for this is 18 Dec and Mr Curry said she would coordinate an application based on the Playing Field and if two bids were allowed then a bid would be made for money towards the village gateway signs.

b.Ground Control Ltd: Letter re cutting trees on Green Lane: Mrs Curry explained that this Company on behalf of WPD had requested permission to cut trees on Green Lane as they potentially interfered with overhead power lines. She explained that a Site meeting had been arranged for Friday 16 Oct 12.30.

c.Centre Parcs: Details of Winter Wonderland Programme -Fireworks Weds and Sun- 8th Nov to 20th Dec from 6.30p.m.

d.NCC: Winter Offers of Assistance: 5x25kg bags of salt free ordered.

e. Tree works permitted:

    Camelot, Back Lane.

    Rose Cottage, Kirklington Road.

    Linzee House, Main Street.

6.2: Items Circulated:

a. Beaumont House-Recent Appeals.

b.Free Training for Small Charities 21 Oct-details.

c.NCC: Integrated Tobacco Contol Services in Notts.

d. State of the Voluntary and Community Sector in Notts- Event details.

e.Become a Stategy Leader Course-Event details.

f.NSDC: Planning Committee Agenda 6 Oct.

g.CVS:Civilian Life- County Hall Event 12 Nov.

h.NSDC: Planning Review upcoming Consultation in October- advance details.

i.NCC: Seasional Decorations Applications.

j. NSDC: Apprenticeship Opportunity poster.

k.Hough Neighbourhood Plan: Fulbeck Airfield Windfarm.

l.Police and Crime Comm: Update on Rural Crime Iniatives in Notts.

m. NSDC: Newark and Sherwood Local Development Framework Plan Review Issues Paper Consultation.

n.NCC: Digital Champions Network Coffee Mornings.

o.Greenwood Community Tree Planting 2015/16.

p.Tesco Local Community Scheme.

q. RCAN: Play Inspection Training.

7.Planning.

7.1: The following planning decision notice was received:

       No.15/01092/FUL

       Conversion of Existing Garage and new Roof and Rooflights over to replace existing

       Flat Roof. Erection of new Garage and Landscaping Works including removal of

       Trees and Shrubs. Erectionof new Fence, Brick Piers and Gates.

       Santana, Baclk Lane, Eakring.

       Permitted Full Planning Permission 9.9.15.

8. Cator Hall:

8.1: Report from Cator Hall Representative: Mr Brown said he had little to comment on except that a wiring check was due next week and a Christmas Fair had been arranged to boost funds. Under questioning he answered that bookings were slightly up.

9. Recreation Ground:

9.1:The Clerk said that Marc Hazard had completed the work on the field and the surrounds. Mr Sweeney thought the work had been done to a good standard and the field looked better and other Councillors who had seen it agreed.

9.2: The Clerk said that he had not been able to ring NSDC, as requested last month, to ask them to put up the fence between the Triumph Close Garages and the Field as on inspection a large hawthorn tree on the field side of the boundary had thrown out two very long, thick branches , one of which threatened the garages and the other impeded the erection of a new fence. It was agreed unanimously to apply to NSDC for permission to cut down the offending branches. Two quotes had been received for the work from: Marc Hazard £220 and Robert Marshall £125 + VAT. It was agreed unanimously to accept the quote from Mr Marshall.

9.3: Mrs Kirk again raised concerns about dogs on the field. She said there were examples of people exercising their pets on the field and letting them roam without a lead. When Mr Hazard had been working he had come across a carrier bag full of dog mess that had been deposited at the edge of the field. It was agreed to put a strongly worded notice in the Eakring Echo.

9.4 A meeting was arranged for the Playing Field Committee. Mrs Curry said she was of the opinion that the all weather pitch should be developed first. Mr Sweeney and Mrs Kirk said they were waiting for certain Companies to contact them.

10.Mompesson Cross:

10.1: The Clerk said that the Chairman of the WI had been in contact to say that the Interpretation Board they were donating was now complete and they would like to know when the refurbishment of the Site would be complete so they could plan an unveiling ceremony. The WI would also like to discuss an appropriate position to place the board which will need to be concreted in. The Parish Council discussed all these issues and it was decided that Mrs Curry would contact Mrs Barrows.

11.Accounts:

11.1: Accounts for Payment:

         Cator Hall Rent   (Apr-Sept)                                                                       £  67.50                                             

         Marc Hazard  (Work on Playing Field)                                                      £312.00

         Sherwood and Newark CAB Grant                                                            £  50.00

         Newark Community First Aid  Donation                                                   £  50.00

It was proposed by Mr Sweeney, seconded by Mrs Kirk and agreed unanimously that these accounts be paid

12.Other Agenda Items:

12.1: Organisation of Christmas Lights Event: All Councillors agreed to support the Event and chose Friday 11th December as a suitable date and 6.00p.m. as an appropriate time. Other arrangements were discussed.

13.Next Meeting:

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.30 p.m. with the next meeting arranged for Wednesday 11th November 2015 at 7.30 p.m.

 

D.Ottewell.

Clerk

14.10.2015.