EAKRING PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on

Wednesday 13th September 2017 at 7.30 p.m. in the

 Cator Hall.

Present:Mr R Brown ( Acting Chairman),Mr R Howes, Mr T White, Mr J Sweeney, Mr J Pennicott, Mr R Ford,Cllr Mr J Peck (NCC), Mrs L Tift (NSDC) and 3 Parishoners.

Apologies:Mrs N Curry.

1.Councillors’Declarations of Interest:

1.1: The two new Councillors, Mr Richard Ford and Mr John Pennicott signed their Declarations of Acceptance of Office and were then formally welcomed to the Parish Council by the Chairman.

1.2:Declarations of Interest: Mr Brown 3.3: Mr Pennicott 11.1a/b : Mr Ford 11.1b

2.Minutes:

2.1:The Minutes of the meeting held on 12th July 2017 were circulated prior to the meeting.It was proposed by Mr T White, seconded by Mr J Sweeney and agreed unanimously that they be signed as a true record.

2.2: The Minutes of the meeting held on 9th August 2017 were circulated prior to the meeting. It was proposed by Mr J Sweeney, seconded by Mr R Howes and agreed unanimously that they be signed as a true record.

3.Matters Arising:

3.1:Bilsthorpe Incinerator update:Nothing to report.

3.2:Wind Farm update: Nothing to report.

3.3:Response from Southwell Diocese to letter sent requesting update on repairs to wall between Cator Hall grounds and Rectory grounds and being in a position to sell Cator Hall: The meeting heard that no reply had been received to a letter sent on 16th July. The Parish Council requested the Clerk send a second copy of the letter.

3.4:New Parish Council Solicitor:We hope to visit the new solicitor soon at her offices in Worksop.

4.Public Questions and Comments:

4.1: Creative Care-Sternhill Paddock: Mr Ben Simpson, the Manager of Sternhill Paddock, and a colleague explained how Sternhill Paddock operated. It had places for 6 Residents although only 5 were occupied at present.It was subject to CQC and Local Authority scrutiny. Mr Simpson said that each Resident had 2/3 Key Workers allocated to them and as part of their therapy they were encouraged to go for walks which is when Villagers would most likely meet some of the people living and working at Sternhill Paddock. Mr Simpson and the Parish Council discussed the benefits of integrating Sternhill Paddock within the Community and the possibility of putting on a display, maybe in the Cator Hall on a Saturday morning.Mr Simpson encouraged people to contact him directly by phone or Email  if they had any items they wished to discuss with him.

5.County/District Councillors:

5.1:Cllr Peck asked if the verge opposite Greenfield Row had been dealt with. He was informed yes and thanked for his help in the matter.

5.2:Cllr Peck said he understood that Peel intended to pursue their incinerator development although it might ultimately be in a different form. He clarified two points when questioned  i.e.  that he understood there was a 3 year limit to begin some scheme and that if a different scheme was proposed new planning permission would need to be obtained.

5.3:Cllr Peck mentioned two rail schemes  and action at County Hall a) East Midlands rail franchise-Robin Hood Line extension motion b) Criticism of Government not electrifying Midland Mainline.

5.4:Mr Howes pointed out how he believed the road from National Grid to the A617 was in an unacceptably poor state. Other Councillors said Back Lane had received some repairs but they had not been very good and needed revisiting. Cllr Peck said he would follow this up and explained the benefits of the new tarmac being used.

5.5: Cllr Peck and Cllr Tift talked about the new LED lights and their advantages:

5.6:Clllr Tift praised the Tour of Britain Cycle Race and hoped it would return to the area; the aim being for it to visit villages next time that had missed on this occasion.

5.7:NSDC are moving headquarters to Castle House next week.

6.Correspondence:

6.1:Correspondence at the meeting:

a.NCC: Notice of Road Closure: Eakring Road, Kirklington: 30.9.17 for Southwell Ploughing Match.

b.NSDC:Parish Event:16.10.17 at Castle House: Mr Pennicott and Mrs Curry indicated they wished to represent Eakring PC.

c.Newark Community First Aid: Offer of Free First Aid Couse- The Parish Council decided to put a note in the Eakring Echo to gauge interest.

d.Greenwood Community Tree Planting Grant 2017/18: Mr Sweeney indicated that planting trees for shade formed part of the plans for the playing field and he would be interested in the application form.

e.Status of Custody Suite at Newark Police Station: Letter from Newark MP Robert Jenrick revealed his concern at the treat to this facility. Councillors’ discussed this matter and agreed with these concerns and instructed the Clerk to write to Mr Jenrick backing his campaign to retain the Custody Suite.

f.NSDC: Details of Appeal date for Eco Homes: 17th. October, Castle House.

g.Tree Works:Walnut Tree Cottage, Main Street.

6.2: Correspondence Circulated:

a.NALC: Free Places at ‘Low Carbon Britain’ Event-9 Nov.

b.NALC: Message from Notts Police re. Ram Raids.

c.Mansfield and Ashfield CCG: Are You Interested in becoming a member of the Stakeholder Reference Group?

d.NALC: The Good Councillors Guide.

e.NALC: Whats Special to You? Landscape issues in your Neighbourhood Plan.

f.Local Council Public Advisory Service: New Public Data Protection Act’

g.RCAN: Bulk Oil Buying Scheme poster.

h.NALC: Authorising Bank Payments and Transfers.

i.NALC: Combating Rural Crime.

j.Wellow PC: Robert Jenrick MP mobile Suregery in Wellow 16 Aug 3.30.  Invite to join in lobby re traffic.

k.NSDC:Planning Committee Agenda- 8.8.17.

l.Police and Crime Comm: Rural Round Up.

m.Newark and Sherwood Making Memories Group.

n.NHS: Newark and Sherwood CCG:Annual Public Meeting 14th Sept.

o.NCC: Countys Unclassified Roads network to get extra 31.27m boost.

p.WWW.Oil Club.Co.Uk: Heating Oil Club.

q.Clerks and Councils Direct-Sept.

r.NSDC: Planning Committee Agenda 14.9.17,

s.NALc:Grants Funding Bulletin Sept 17(Email link)

t.NSDC: Introduction of Public Space Protection Orders for Dog Control.

u.NALC: Raising Awareness of Illegal Waste Dumping.

v.Police and Crime Commissioner: The Beat.

w.NALC: The New Data Protection Regulations.

xNALC: Government Consultation on Broadband PC Websites.

7.Planning:

7.1: The following planning decision notice has been received:

       No.17/01178/FUL

       Demolition of No.2 Tenters Cottage & Erection of Replacement Dwelling;

       Erection of Extension to No.1 Tenters Cottage: and Erection of Two Dwellings

       Tenters Cottages, Tenters Lane, Eakring. (Amendment)

       Refused Full Planning Permission 24.8.2017.

8.Cator Hall:

8.1:Report from Cator Hall Representative: Mr Brown said that areas of damp were being sorted next week and then skirting board would be fitted.

9.Recreation Ground:

9.1: Mr Sweeney, Chairman of the Playing Field Committee reported that he hoped to receive a quote for an all weather pitch.

9.2:Discussion took place on the future of the Playing Field Committee in light of the response to the appeal for new members.The options were agreed as a) a direct appeal face to face to get new members or b) the committee would revert to a sub-committee of the Parish Council. Mr Ford agreed to assist Mr Sweeney with option a and a decision would be made next month.

10.Mompesson Cross:

10.1:The Clerk told Councillors that there had been difficulties experienced due to the width of the bridge to the Cross Site particularly allowing access for lawn mowers and push chairs. Matt Duckworth, Our new NCC Rights of Way Officer, has agreed to widen the bridge. This could take 4-6 weeks. He has also been out to see the steps on the FP over the Playing Field after we received comments about their depth and to view By-Way 25 at the bottom end of the green section after comments that it was overgrown and FP5 to inspect re overgrowing foliage.

11.Accounts:

11.1:Accounts for payment:

a.   Mr Pennicott-Painting of noticeboard and Mompesson Cross area                  £ 196.00

b.   NALC- Councillors’ Training Course                                                             £   60.00

c.   Clerk’s Salary                                                                                                   £ 267.93

d.   Office Sundries                                                                                                £   24.57

e.   Cator Hall Insurance                                                                                        £ 735.53

It was proposed by Mr J Sweeney, seconded by Mr R Howes and agreed unanimously that these accounts be paid.

11.2:Conclusion of Audit-External Auditor’s Report-Grant Thornton signed off the audit with Matters Reported-None but did bring to the Parish Council’s attention that the Internal Auditor should answer ‘Not Covered’  and not ‘Yes’ in regard to Petty Cash and that it is the Parish Council’s duty to check the Internal Auditor’s return before it is submitted and they should minute they have done so.

12.Other Agenda Items:

12.1:Emergency Plan:The Parish Council recognised the need for a Councillor to take responsibility for the Parish Plan. Mr Ford agreed to take on this post.

12.2:Consideration was given to a proposed amendment to the 106 Agreement on the Eco Homes Eakring which would remove Bilsthorpe from being one of the qualifying adjacent Villages/Communities.Councillor’s tried to work out why it was proposed that Bilsthorpe should be removed however without supporting documentation were only able to rely on conjecture so eventually came to the conclusion that at this time they were not prepared to ‘comment’ for or against the proposed amendment to the 106 Agreement. They felt they needed to understand the logic of why Bilsthorpe is proposed to be excluded.

12.3:Mr Ford said he understood a Village Plan was draw up in 2005 and  wondered if the Parish Council should not have a similar plan and asked if ‘ planning’ could go on the next agenda.

13.Next Meeting:

13.1: There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.00p.m.

13.2: The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 11th October 2017 at 7.30 p.m. in the Cator Hall.

 

David Ottewell

Clerk

13.9.2017.