††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† EAKRING PARISH COUNCIL

DRAFT

††††††††††††††††††††† Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on

††††††††††††††††††††††††† Wednesday 13th May 2015 in the Cator Hall

Present:Mrs M Curry (Chairman), Mr R Brown (Vice Chairman ), Mr R Howes, Mrs S Wilson, Mr T White, Mr J Sweeney, Mrs N Kirk, Cllr R Jackson and 3 Parishoners.

Before the meeting began Mrs Curry said she believed that it would be appropriate to send a letter of thanks to Mrs J Chow for her service as a Parish Councillor as she would not be joining the Council for the new term. The Meeting agreed with this resolution.

1. Councillorís Declarations of Interest:

There were no declarations. The Clerk arranged to explain this procedure to the new Councillors.

2. Minutes:

The Minutes of the meeting held on 15th April were circulated prior to the meeting. It was proposed by Mr White, seconded by Mr Howes and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

3. Matters Arising:

3.1:Bilsthorpe Incinerator Planning Appeal update: Mrs Curry revealed that a Pre Enquiry Meeting had been arranged for 24 June at the Bilsthorpe Highways Depot (10.00a.m ?) The Planning Inspector would attend and it was hoped to take him on a site visit including Eakring to get a feel for the area and the potential impact. Mrs Curry wanted as many people around as possible with banners. Mr Brown agreed to put details on the website and Mrs Wilson spread the message by Email. Mrs Curry said a deluge of letters would help the case and they could be as emotional as people wished.

3.2: Lorry Watch update: Mrs Wilson said that things had gone quiet with Noble lorries keeping to their agreed route but she emphasised the importance of still being on the alert for any vehicles breaking the weight limit ban and taking details.

3.3: Defibrillator update: The Clerk told the Meeting that an electrician, David Williams of Boughton, had surveyed the telephone box and reported that it contained an isolator switch so Western Power Distribution would not need to come out and disconnect the power supply for which they would have charged. Mr Williams can fit the defibrillator cabinet etc for £100 plus VAT and issue the necessary certificate. It was agreed unanimously to accept this quotation. The Clerk said that he had been in contact with Newark Community First Aiders who had carried out a First Aid Course in Eakring in October 2014 and they were willing to put on a defibrillator familiarisation evening free of charge. It was agreed unanimously to invite them whist consideration will be given to making a donation to their group.

4. Public Questions and Comments:

4.1: A suggestion was made that an annual defibrillator refresher course would be of value.

5.County/District Councillors:

5.1: Cllr Jackson pointed out that litter picking had taken place on the A614.

5.2: Mr Howes acknowledged that the road from National Grid to the A617 had a lot more lorries on it due to the pylon construction traffic but he felt that the road surface, particularly at the edges, was in an increasingly poor state of repair. Mrs Wilson pointed out that all the Chicken Farm lorries would all be going that way as well. Cllr Jackson agreed to have another look at it.

6. Correspondence:

6.1:NSDC: Insurance Proposal 2015/16. The Parish Council considered the NSDC insurance premium compared with AON premium. They decided unanimously to accept the NSDC premium with Libel and Slander cover at £211.17. They also unanimously accepted the £58.30 annual premium cover for the Mompessonís Cross.

6.2:Lightsource:First Community Benefit payment made 24 Apr-Agreed to send letter of thanks.

6.3:Turner, Atkinson and Ward: Parish Council Solicitors list of costs for transfer of Monpessonís Cross- As Eakring Farming had indicated they would cover costs Mrs Curry will contact to sort.

6.4: Items Circulated:

a.Cator Hall Minutes from meeting 22 April.

b.NSDC: Planning Committee meeting agenda-5 May.

c.NALC: Information about Websites.

d. Finance in Local Government: Impact of the Election and Devolution of Powers.- 1 day National Conference 22.6. 15

e.Extended Week of Partnership Plus Survey.

f.CVS: The Great War Community Commemoration Fund.

g. NALC: Community Owned and Managed Assets Programmeand grants.

h.CVS: Supporting Forces poster.

i.NALC; Direct Service Information extra. X3

j.NALC: Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Commencement.

k. Came and Co: Insurance newsletter.

l.NCC: Notts and Nottingham Replacement Waste Local Pt2 Sites Policy Document Informal Consultation on Proposed Site Selection Methodology.

m.Nots Speed Reduction Wheelie Bin Stickers.

n. NALC: Chairman welcoming new and returning Councillors.

o. CVS: Grants for War Memorial work.

p. Clerks and Councils Direct-May

 

7.Planning:

7.1: The following decision notice had been received:

†††††† No;15/00275/FUL

††† Erection of New Agricultural Shed at Eakring Farming, Bilsthorpe Road.

††† Saville Court, Main Street, Eakring.

††† Permitted Full Planning Permission 15.4.2015.

8.Cator Hall:

8.1:Report fromCator Hall Representative: Mr Brown explained that the scaffolding was now up ready to repair the roof over the toilet block.

8.2: Mr Brown was asked if the CHMC belonged to NAVACH which had advantages for members. He was unsure as were others. After much discussion Mr Brown was asked to find out and the issue will be placed on the next agenda.

9. Recreation Ground:

9.1: It was agreed that getting the Playing Field Committee up and running again was a priority. Mr Haslam, now as a non Councillor, indicated he was prepared to stay on the Committee. Mr White, Mr Sweeney and Mrs Kirk all said they would like to be members of the Committee.

9.2: The grass has been cut.

10.Mompessonís Cross:

10.1: Mrs Curry told the meeting she had held a site meeting with people from Balfour Beatty including their health and safety representative but was still waiting to hear back from them. Meanwhile Mrs Chow had arranged a meeting with the NCC Footpaths Officer, Rachel Rickell, attended also by Mr Brown and the Clerk. She had offered to replace the bridge across the dyke, including a hand rail and build wooden soil packed steps just after it. Also wooded, soil packed steps up the steep bank to the Cross if we could move the present slabs. In addition they will supply a Way Post near the Cross.

Mr Howes asked if there would be disabled access but Mr Brown said this would not be possible but NCC would maintain the footpath and if we wanted to put a handrail by the steps we could do so ourselves. He has already put in place a warning sign about the slippery surface .

Mrs Kirk said she could contact Eakring Farming about taking the old slabs away as long as there was enough notice.

11. Accounts:

No items

12. Other Agenda Items:

12.1: Consideration of the option to purchase the Cator Hall as the first priority of the Community Benefit money: Mr Howes began the debate by stating that the Church was trying to sell something built for the village. We were buying something that was already ours.Mrs Curry said it was not the Church but the Southwell Diocese selling the Cator Hall and this argument had already been gone over and paperwork from 1973 was contradictory. Mr Howes said then we should buy it for a peppercorn amount.

Mr Howes then went on to the issue of the alternative of spending the Community Benefit money on developing the Playing Field. He said that over the years we (The Parish Council) have tried to do things but everything, fences,gates etc have been damaged. Mrs Curry interjected to point out that the facts did not support this assertion as the Accounts over the last 25years, excluding annual mowing, showed more money had been spent on the Cator Hall than maintaining the Playing Field. Mrs Kirk added to the debate saying that far from the swings being vandalised they were eventually taken to the Savile Arms.

.A number of Councillors expressed the view that it would be possible to both buy the Cator Hall and develop the Playing Field.

For the Cator Hall it was suggested the Parish Council needed to establish how much the Diocese wanted for the Hall. It was decided that a delegation headed by Mrs Wilson and Mr Brown would meet with Mr Spraggins from Southwell Diocese. Mr Howes peppercorn offer of £5,000 was considered too low. The Parish Council authorised an offer of up to£25,000.

For the Playing Field Mrs Curry said there existed an original plan, Phase 1which involved flattening a portion of the field. It was suggested that the plans be got out. It was also pointed out that Eakring Farming had large stocks of top soil available. Mrs Curry suggested contacting Eakring Farming to see ifthe Parish Council could have some soil and if they were willing to level the field( and possibly grass it?) as per the plans. Alternatively to obtain a quote to level a section of the field as per the plans. Everyone was in favour and it was agreed to hold an emergency meeting if necessary.

13. Next Meeting:

13.1: The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 10th June 2015 at 7.30 p.m in the Cator Hall.

 

David Ottewell

Clerk

13.5.2015.