EAKRING PARISH COUNCIL

                     Minutes of a meeting of the Parish Council held on

                       Wednesday 12th November 2014 in the Cator Hall

Present: r R Howes, Mrs J Chow, Mrs M Curry, Mrs S Wilson, Mr R Brown, Mr LHaslam, Mr T White, Cllr B Laughton  ( NSDC) and 3 Parishoners.

Apologies: Cllr R Jackson (NCC)

1.Councillor’s Declarations of Interest:

2.Minutes:

2.1: The minutes of the meeting held on 8th. October were circulated prior to the meeting. It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mrs J Chow and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

3.Matters Arising:

3.1: By-Way 25 Modification Order:

 a.The Clerk read out a letter from Mr Tim Hart (NCC Rights of Way Officer) responding to a request for clarification regarding the removal by the Inspector of the ‘3 metres’ requirement in the  Order.

b.The Clerk informed the Parish Council that a copy of the  formal confirmation of the Modification Order documents had been received and that there were 6 weeks from their receipt to raise objections in the High Court.

c. A discussion followed over what to do with the gates. A final resolution was reached when the Clerk offered to contact NALC for advice and Mr Haslam suggested deferring a decision to next month’s meeting.

3.2: Bilsthorpe Incinerator Update: Mrs Chow reminded everyone that the rescheduled Planning Committee meeting was at Kelham Hal, Tuesday 18th. November ,10 a.m. but with protest groups from 9.00a.m. She pointed out that Mike Hankin (NCC Planning Officer ) had produced a new report for the meeting which recommended approval. Mrs Chow believed there to be a number of inaccuracies in the report some of which she highlighted including the size of the chimney.

Mrs Chow ran through who was speaking at the meeting. Mrs Curry would represent the Parish Council, allowing Mr Chow to speak as an individual with expertise on health issues.

Mrs Curry said she had attended RAGE meetings and the advice was, to be prepared. We should be asking the Secretary of State to ‘call in’ the Planning application now even before the application reached the planning committee. Mark Spencer MP was also carrying out the same task. Mrs Curry had a letter ready prepared to send. It was agreed that the Clerk would sign, and send, the letter on behalf of the Parish Council on 13th November.

3.3:Eakring Illustrated Signs: Mrs Curry told the meeting she had carried out research and believed that signs would cost c. £1500 each. She had also studied the LIS forms supplied by NCC and believed that the project would not be covered. In view of this she felt, and other Councillors supported the proposition, that there were no funds to continue with the project at present. It was suggested that Mrs Chow contact the competition winners to explain the situation.

3.4:Community Fund Consultation update: A discussion took place and views were expressed that not all the information was at hand to consult. Mrs Curry pointed out for example that she and Mr Haslam had attended a meeting at National Grid earlier in the week at which it had been indicated that the T-pylon contractors (Balfour Beatty) would be willing to make a contribution to Community Funds although the criteria were at present unknown and the date of April was mentioned. Some Councillors felt that a circular had been promised for a number of months and should be completed with the information at hand. It was agreed that Mrs Wilson,Mrs Chow and Mrs Curry would prepare a draft circular in the next week which would be circulated to all Councillors for agreement. It would then be printed by Mr Brown. It was agreed that Councillors would then distribute.

3.5: Lorries travelling through Eakring: The Cerk explained that he had not had the promised reply from Noble Foods so he contacted them again. He read out their response. In it they promise that their Fleet Controller will do a risk assessment. Meanwhile there have been a number of reported incidents of Noble Foods lorries through Eakring. Cllr Laughton said that NCC now had a camera to monitor possible rogue lorry journeys and suggested that the Parish Council apply for it to be sited in the village. (contact Paul McKay, director of Trading Standards).

3.6:Transfer of land around Mompesson Cross to Parish Council ownership update: draft forms had been received from the Solicitors regarding the transfer and comments have been made and  returned.

Councillors pointed out that it would be important to insure the area as soon as it came into Parish Council ownership.

3.7: Finalisation of arrangements for switching on Christmas Tree Lights: The date: 5th December and time 6.00 p.m. were confirmed. Mrs Chow agreed to purchase the wine and mince pies. The need for a light turner on was recognised.

3.8: New Village Snow Warden: Mr White agreed to take on the role. Mr Howes will pass over the equipment. The five bags of salt have arrived. Mr White will have two. Mr Haslam will collect the other three, one will be distributed to the Church Lane/ Back Lane junction.

4.Public Questions and Comments:

4.1: Cllr Laughton took the opportunity to explain that he would not be standing in the next NSDC elections for the new ward that covered Eakring. He then introduced Mr Glenn Bordill who would be standing as the Conservative candidate.

5.1: County/ District Councillors:

5.1: Cllr Laughton suggested that the Parish Council contact Steven Eastwood, NCC, Rights of Way, Legal Officer, to answer questions on an issue concerning By-Way 25.

5.2: Cllr Laughton answered questions on the proposed Broadband provision and explained how it might impact on Eakring. The Chairman of the Parish Council on hearing that the full provision only reached the edge of the village and would then spread out in decreasing effect

expressed the opinion that ‘it was a very poor service for Eakring as usual’.

5.3: Mrs Chow reiterated  concerns about Mr Hankin’s report to NCC Planning Committee re. Bilsthorpe Incinerator and Cllr Laughton agreed to raise the Parish Council concerns.

6.Correspondence:

6.1:NCC: Flood Assistance- Offer of Community Sandbag Stocks for Eakring: We have accepted an offer of 80 filled sandbags to be placed in the Resilience Store- A requirement is that we publicise their availability to the community.

6.2: NCC:Temporary Speed Restriction Stonish Hill 15.12.14 to17-4-15  at 40m.p.h. To enable safe entry and exit to new Solar Farm site.

6.3; Lightsource: After contacting them to confirm the Parish Council acceptance of the Community Benefit offer they replied saying the legal team is drafting a new Benefit Deed which would then be sent.

6.4: Sherwood and Newark CAB: Grant Aid Application 2014/2015: Agreement reached to place on agenda when discussion of precept takes place next month.

6.5: NCC: Better Broadband Provision in Notts- update meeting 27.11.14- Mr Howes agreed to represent the Parish Council at this event.

6.6: NCC: Consultation on Spending Proposals 2015/16-agreed to circulate.

6.7:Items Circulated:

a. RCAN: Christmas Craft Fair-Retford Town Hall 7Dec.

b.Greenwood Community Tree Planting Grants 2014/15

 

c.CA Traffic: Winter Maintenance Services.

d.Homestart Newark Conference-12.11.14  poster displayed.

e.NSDC: Become a Severe Weather Emergency Shelter Volunteer-poster displayed

f.NCC: Your Life booklet

g.Why Does the Village of Girton play a huge yet unknown part in the security of your home.

h.NALC: AGM agenda 15.11.14.

i.Local Government Boundary Commission: Electorial Review for Notts +poster

j.Age Concern: Service Information

k.NCC:Notts Minerals Local  Plan-Additional consultation on sand and gravel provision.-Shelford West

l.Clerks and Councils Direct-November.

m.Police Commissioner: The Beat

n. NSDC: Be A Councillor-poster

o. NALC: Neighbourhood Planning-new funding.

7.Planning:

7.1 The following decision notice has been received:

      Application Number 14/01652/FUL

      Householder Application to remove existing porchand replace with new porch

      Hogwin House Church Lane

      Permitted Full Planning Permission 27.10 2014.

8.Cator Hall:

8.1: Report from Cator Hall Representative: Mr Brown revealed that the CHMC had met the previous day. They had funds of c.£5000. after a bill to pay for rendering work around the windows had been settled. However, the repair had to be completed to the roof as a priority to make it watertight and this was expected to be £2000-£2500.

9.Recreation Ground:

9.1: Report regarding Playing Field Committee: Mrs Curry said that the Bank account now had a cheque book and paying in book so was fully functioning. As yet no other committee members had been sourced to join the three Parish Council representatives.

9.2: The Clerk told the Meeting that there had been dog fouling on the field and a note had been placed in the Eakring Echo. There were also signs of fly tipping round the edges of the field and in the dyke.

10.Accounts:

10.1: For payment approval,

                     St Andrew’s Churchyard maintenance grant                                    £ 180.00

It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mrs M Curry and agreed unanimously that this account be paid.

11.Other Agenda Items:

11.1: Trees on Highbury, Back Lane: Mrs Chow explained that a Parishoner had raised concerns about trees being cut down at this location. Mrs Chow said she had made enquiries with the Site Manager but the only ongoing issue involved a willow. The Parish Council discussed the issue and decided a)The Clerk to have an informal word with the owner involved b) A note to be placed in the Eakring Echo regarding trees and the obligations of owners to obtain permission before carrying out tree works.

11.2:The need for a Defibrillator in Eakring: Mrs Chow believed that it was essential that the village had a defibrillator available for the use of villagers in emergency. The Meeting discussed the issue and felt that a meeting should be held so people in Eakring could express their opinions. Meanwhile Mrs Chow and the Clerk will gather further information for next month’s meeting.

12.Next Meeting:

The meeting closed at 9.00p.m.

The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 10th. December 2014.

 

David Ottewell

Clerk

12.11.2014.