EAKRING PARISH COUNCIL

            Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on

           Wednesday 12th July 2017 at 7.30p.m in the Cator Hall.

Present:Mrs M Curry,Mr R Brown,Mr T White, Mr J Sweeney, Cllr J Peck (NCC), Cllr L Tift (NSDC), and 6 Parishoners,

Apologies:Mrs S Wilson, Mr R Howes.

1.Councillors’Declarations of Interest:

2.Minutes:

2.1: The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 14th June 2017 were circulated prior to the meeting.Mrs Curry pointed out a suggested amendment at 12.1 Line 7 should read ‘18hrs a month’. It was then proposed by Mr T White, seconded by Mr R Brown and agreed unanimously that the minutes be signed as a true record.

3.Matters Arising:

3.1:Bilsthorpe Incinerator update:no change.

3.2:Wind Farm update: Mrs Curry said she had been in contact with the Clerk of Bilsthorpe PC and they too had no signed agreement regarding the Community Benefit terms although they had received some payments. Mrs Curry said she had accessed a £1000 payment previously. She intended to pursue the matter and Cllr Tift asked to be kept informed.

3.3:Planning Appeal result and implications: Mrs Curry said that the Planning Inspector had turned down the appeal on the Land off Main Street but more importantly the appeal for Costs to be awarded against the Parish Council.She felt it was necessary to be more careful in future, particularly to ensure that the comments made agreed  with those that were sent in.

3.4:Emergency Plan: The Clerk told the meeting that they had received four responses to their flyer.

3.5:Road Safety Issue: A letter had been received from Ben Simpson, Manager, Creative Care, Sternhill Paddock, Back Lane, who is very happy to cooperate with any road safety iniative.

4.Public Questions and Comments:

4.1:It was noted that Eakring Road, Bilsthorpe would close in August for 5 weeks and a Parishoner asked what would happen to the bus service. Cllr Peck asked for details of location and dates of the closure. He was provided with these by the Clerk and Cllr Peck promised to find out what would happen to the bus service.

4.2:It was noted by a Parishoner that trees where hanging low over the road at Whip Ridding corner when it rained heavily. Councillors commented that this was in Kirklington Parish and the Clerk offered to contact the Clerk at that Parish.

4.3:A Parishoner asked if the Parish Council could do something about tractors on Back Lane. He said there were two of them regularly between 4.00a.m. and 11.30p.m with different things on the back and he had seen up to 3 people in the cab. He believed it was a Health and Safety issue. He had contacted Mike Keeling(NCC Highways) and been told it was not a highways or verges issue and had contacted NSDC( Planning Control_Richard Wilkinson) Another Parishoner said they were his tractors and he had told the Parish Council about them previously.He kept them there as it was not safe to leave them at the farm. Cllr Tift said that a farmer would need vehicles for their work. She did agree that she would ‘have a word with’ Planning Control. She hoped that a way forward could be found that was amicable to all.The Clerk confirmed that 3 other Parishoners had contacted him about tractors causing concerns two resident on Kirklington Road and one on Back Lane.

4.4:It was pointed out that a hedge on Kirklington Road(opposite Robert Howes) was overhanging the pavement and impeding progress. Mrs Curry said she would contact the owner.

5.County/District Councillors:

5.1:Cllr Peck was informed that NCC had managed to scalp the verges again in their cutting this week.

5.2:Cllr Peck said NCC were discussing seismic testing at Policy Committee and as there were two sites one to the NE and one to the N of Eakring allocated to INEOS he was interested to see what the Eakring questionarire would come up with.

5.3:Cllr Tift explained that NSDC were reviewing the Core Strategy for Planning.

5.4: Cllr Tift said that Planning Enforcement had been out to the building site on Church Lane regarding its increase in size but she had not received any report back.

5.5:Cllr Tift explained that NSDC held their last meeting at Kelam Hall last night and would be in their new offices in September.

6.Correspondence:

6.1:Correspondence at Meeting:

a.NCC: Advance Roadworks Notice: Closure of Back Lane:7th-11th Aug.

b.NSDC:Enforcement Enquiry : Non Complience with permission

c.NALC:AGM-15 Nov and associated information.

d.Tree Works:Linzee House, Main Street.

6.2: Correspondence Circulated:

a.NSDC:Planning Committee Agenda 4.7.17.

b.Notts police:Special Constable Recruitment Poster

c.TESCO:Community Funding Tesco Bags of Help

d.CAB: Poster.

e.NSDC:Publication of Amended Core Strategy Development Plan Document representation period.

f.NALC: Statutory Breaks for Employees.

g.NALC: Good Councillors Guide to Finance and Transparency.

h.Mansfield and Ashfield CCG:Shaping GP Services for the next 5 years Survey.

7.Planning:

7.1:The following planning application had been received:

       No.17/01178/FUL

       Demolition of No.2 Tenters Cottage & Erection of Replacement Dwelling;

       Erection of Extension of No.1 Tenters Cottage: and Erection of Two Dwellings

       Tenters Cottages, Tenters Lane, Eakring.

The Parish Council studied the plans and discussed the application .A vote was called. For Nil, Aganist 4 Absent 2. The comment they decided to submit was; ‘The original plan was for a three bedroomed detached house and 2x3 bedroomed semi-detached houses and 2x2  bedroomed semi-detached houses.The three bedroomed detached house has already grown into a 4 bedroomed house. The village needs 2 bedroomed properties that are affordable for young families.

8.Cator Hall:

8.1:Mr Brown, the Cator Hall representative, reported that at the AGM two people had changed positions with Mrs Goulby leaving the village, Mrs Lambert had taken up the role of Booking Secretary.

8.2: The Clerk said that this year’s payment of the Solar Farm money had been received and so there was now £54,165.74 in the fund to buy the Cator Hall. Questions were asked as to whether anything had been heard about the repairs to the wall between the Cator Hall and the Rectory Grounds and Mr Brown clarified the position explaining it was ‘down to the Diocese’ This being so the Parish Council asked the Clerk to write to the Diocese of Nottingham and Southwell and explain that they had the necessary funds to purchase the Hall and needed to know when they would have sorted the ‘wall’ situation and be in a position to proceed with the sale.

9.Recreation Ground:

9.1:Mr Sweeney, the Chairman of the Playing Field Committee, agreed with Mrs Curry that the Committee needed more members and so Mrs Curry will write a flyer appealing for volunteers.

10.Mompesson Cross:

10.1:The Clerk read out a quote for painting the bench and railings from Mr Pennicott of £123.It was proposed by Mr R Brown, seconded by Mr T White and agreed unanimously to accept this quote.

11.Accounts:

The Clerk provided the meeting with an up to date record of accounts.

Current  a/c   20,592.07

Deposit  a/c   39,960.15

Election  a/c    1,068.52

TOTAL         61,620.74

He pointed out that £ 54,165.74 of this was the three years of Community Benefit money which the Parish Council had received and set aside to purchase the Cator Hall. Mrs Curry reminded Councillors that she had proposed, and they had agreed, to open a ‘Special Projects’ account to keep this Community Benefit money in. She had the forms from the Skipton Building Society. It was agreed that the 4 signatories would Mrs Curry, Mr Brown, Mr Sweeney, Mr White.

12.Other Agenda Items:

12.1: Resolution to appoint Mrs Tilcock of Dean, Thomas and Co. Worksop as Eakring Parish Council Solicitor.The Parish Council rehearsed the difficulties experienced with their present solicitors and it was agreed unanimously to move the Parish Council business to Mrs Tilcock. Mrs Curry explained that she and the Clerk or Mr Brown would seek an early appointment but would first need to obtain some documents back from the old solicitor.

12.2;The Clerk said he had heard from NSDC and The Parish Council could now officially co-opt a new Parish Councillor. He would place an advertisement on the noticeboard. Mrs Curry said she would also include it on the flier with the playing field committee request. It was agreed to hold a Parish Council meeting on the second Wednesday of August i.e. the 9th specifically to co-opt a new Councillor.

12.3: The Parish Council agreed that the noticeboard needed refurbishing.They received a quote from Mr J Pennicott of £73. They voted unanimously to accept this quote and decided to leave the option of either wood stain or varnish to Mr Pennicott with the proviso of what will last longest.

12.4: The Parish Council discussed their policy towards fracking in Eakring. A survey of village opinion had been taken and showed For 8 against 37. Mrs Curry provided a summary of the opinions submitted by respondents and it was concluded that the overwhelming majority of local residents opposed fracking. Mr Brown pointed out that Ollerton was known as a major tremor centre which didn’t make Eakring a good candidate for fracking. Mrs Curry agreed to make a written summeary of the written responses and forward it to Cllr Peck.

13.Next Meeting:

13.1:There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.45p.m.

13.2: The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 13th September at 7.30p.m. in the Cator Hall.

 

David Ottewell

Clerk. 12.7.2017