A meeting of the Parish Council took place on Wednesday, 11th October 2006 at 7.30pm in Cator Hall



Mr D Walker, Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr F Cooper, Mrs M Stokes, Mr D Brozyna, Mr R Howes.



The minutes of the meeting held on 13th September were read.  Mr D Brozyna proposed and Mrs M Stokes seconded that these be signed as a true record.


Matters Arising

a)     Cllr Andy Stewart has reported the lack of white lines at end of Swish Lane and the fact that the Eakring sign on Wellow Road has still not been replaced.

b)     Building Better Communities – proposed lay-by on Kirklington Road.  Cllr Andy Stewart and Cllr Bruce Laughton to ask for a meeting between Notts County Council and Newark and Sherwood District Council to discuss.

c)      Parishioner has reported fly tipping at end of Sandy Lane.  Clerk to follow up if necessary.

d)     Community Project.  Several suggestions were put forward.  It was agreed to request suggestions through the Eakring Echo.  Costings for suggestions required.  Decision to be made in November if possible.



The following items were discussed.

  1. Acknowledgement of BBC application.
  2. O.S. Mapping Agreement.  Signed and returned by clerk.
  3. Parish Conference Nov 13th.  Mr D Walker and Mr R Neale to attend. 


The following items were also received and circulated or displayed.


  1. Heyday – A Modern Retirement – information.
  2. Fire and Rescue Service Update Autumn 06.
  3. The Lens Free Publicity Jan-April 07.
  4. N&SDC Local Development Framework Core Strategy Consultation – What Happens Next?
  5. Nottinghamshire Police Authority Poster – applications for 4 independent members.
  6. Draft Regional Plan – Consultation to Dec 20th.
  7. Planning and Property Briefing Oct 06.
  8. Guide to Services Communities Dept.
  9. Audit Return and Bill and Notice to display.
  10. Travel and Transport Briefing Oct 06.
  11. Salting Routes.



The following application was received from Notts County Council.


Oakwood Fuels Ltd, Brailwood Rd, Bilsthorpe.

Town and Country Planning (General Development Procedure)

Change of use of former railway sidings to transfer station for vehicle servicing wastes and treatment facility, to handle a range of materials for recovery/recycling. 

Concerns were expressed about resulting noise levels and the fact that existing levels had not been measured.  Clerk to write.


Wind Farm Application

This application is now scheduled for consideration at the meeting on November 7th.  The MOD are objecting to the proposal because of the height of the turbines.  Mr D Walker is to meet with the planning officer John Pope to discuss how the meeting will be organised.  We should receive the planners’ recommendations before the meeting.


Cator Hall

Meeting arranged for Monday 16th.


Recreation Ground

Clerk reported no information from the NCC mowing gang about dismantled fence.  Mr R Neale to go ahead with repair.  He will also investigate the hole which has reappeared.



Clerk’s salary             £336.00

Clerk’s expenses                  £20.07

Cator Hall Rent (Oct-Sep)    £30.25

Audit fee                                 £58.75

Mowing NCC (5 cuts)           £151.65


It was proposed by Mr F Cooper and seconded by Mr D Brozyna and agreed by all that these accounts be paid together with a grant of £50 to the Citizens Advice Bureau.


Any Other Business

  1. Light on Main Street now working.  Light opposite Hazeldene, Kirklington Road not working.
  2. Street name signs around the village need replacing/repainting.  Clerk to investigate.
  3. Light in telephone box not working.  Clerk to report.


There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.35pm.


The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 8th November at 7.30pm in Cator Hall.


Signed: D. Walker                                        8/11/06