A meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 9th December  2009 at 7.30pm in the Cator Hall

 

Present

Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr R Howes, Mr D Brozyna, Mr R Brown, Mr L Haslam, Cllr A Stewart and 3 Parishioners.

 

Apologies: Mrs S Wilson

 

Minutes

The minutes of the meeting held on 11th November were read.  It was proposed by Mr L Haslam, seconded by Mr D Brozyna, and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

 

Matters Arising

  1. Telephone Box – a quote of £120 plus materials has been received to refurbish the T.B. It was agreed unanimously to accept this quotation and Mr Neale will contact the tradesman concerned.
  2. Street name signs – SPG are unable to supply the required posts and to date contact with the Clerk of Works Dept has not elicited the name of a supplier.
  3. Conservation areas at risk – work on gaining further details from English Heritage is on-going.
  4. Footpaths – the pavement between Rose Cottage and National Grid has been cleared.  FP23 between Main St/Church Lane. NSDC Refuse Depot have been called out to have a second look at it.
  5. Christmas Tree – the turning on of the lights was enjoyed by over 50 local residents (thanks were expressed to Mrs Neale and Mrs Haslam).  It is hoped to make it an annual event and the PC heard that arrangements are being made for a permanent tree to be donated.
  6. Anti-skid surface on Bilsthorpe Road – this has not all been laid by 9th December as expected.  Clerk to contact Tarmac to investigate delay.
  7. Interactive speed sign – there had been a number of positive comments about the sign and its effect.

 

County/District Councillors

  1. Cllr Stewart asked that once Eakring’s turn with the interactive speed sign was over the PC contacted NCC with their views on its success.  He also suggested requesting it for further sessions.  Cllr Stewart promised to find out the cost of the signs for PC’s wishing to purchase them.
  2. A discussion took place about road salting.  Concern was particularly expressed about the road out of the village towards Caunton.  There were also comments about difficulties experienced when driving from surfaces that have been salted onto surfaces that haven’t and the feasibility of signing such transition points.
  3. Cllr Stewart asked for the PC’s experience of the NCC Customer Service Centre.
  4. Cllr Stewart presented Mr Howes with a Long Service Certificate for 35 years as a Parish Councillor.

 

Correspondence

  1. NCC Temporary Speed Restriction to allow convoy working on Stonish Hill 7-8th December.
  2. SPG Construction – re unable to supply posts for street name signs.
  3. NCC re new bus shelter – Mrs Curry reported that she and Mr Neale had surveyed the proposed site of the new shelter.  The bench that presently stood there was in a poor condition and not fit to be relocated, although parts would be recycled to repair other benches.  Mrs Curry had contacted NCC to authorise the shelter and understood it could be in place as early as the end of January.
  4. NSDC copies of district council’s budget questionnaire for each Parish Councillor to fill in and return.
  5. Notts County NHS Newark’s Healthcare Review – the PC discussed the implications of this review. Mrs Curry proposed to draft a letter on behalf of the PC in response.
  6. CPRE re NSDC plan to withdraw village envelopes.
  7. Tree works – a) Nanquidno, Back Lane.

 

Items circulated:

  1. Christmas card from Leader NCC
  2. NSDC Annual Parish Conferences feedback questionnaire
  3. NCC budget for the future
  4. NCC budget proposed 2010/11
  5. Notts Police – The Commanders Update
  6. NSDC Community Action for Climate Change
  7. Ollerton CAB AGM invite 9th Dec
  8. NCC roads in winter 09/10
  9. NCC Travel and Transport Briefing Nov 09
  10. Glasdon Brochure
  11. Magdelas Opera Christmas Concert flier 29/11/09
  12. NHS Post Extraordinary Public Board Meeting 7.1.10
  13. NCC Planning and Landscape Briefing Dec 09
  14. NSDC Standards Committee Agenda 9.12.09

 

Planning

Application Number 09/01654/FUL

Erection of Detached Dwelling and Garage

(following demolition of building used in connection with former caravan use)

Land at Long Springs, Kirklington Road

For 0, Against 7

 

Cator Hall

Mr Brown reported that despite grants not being available, orders had been placed for new doors for the hall.

 

Accounts

A late agenda item.  The invoice for the recreation ground mowing 2009 was received after the agenda was prepared.

 

Eakring Echo sponsorship              £20.00

Christmas Tree sponsorship           £94.30

Christmas Tree fittings                     £28.70

NCC Mowing 2009                           £420.00

 

It was proposed by Mr L Haslam, seconded by Mr D Brozyna with all in agreement that these accounts be paid.

 

Precept

The Clerk read notes from a letter from NSDC headed Precept Estimates 2010/2011 and then presented figures for the estimated expenditure for 2010/2011 together with expected balances at 5.4.10.  It was agreed to include £1000 to cover the Cator Hall insurance.  £20 would be allocated for the telephone box electricity supply. £240 was allocated to Community Initiatives (a decision on whether this would include a grant to CAB was deferred to a later date).  It was agreed the Precept requirement for 2010/2011 would be £3350.

 

Recreation Ground

There had been some fly tipping at the edge of the field.

 

Any Other Business

Discussion took place regarding the difficulties of obtaining grants for the Cator Hall when it was not owned by the PC.  It was felt that having a longer lease would aid grant applications and with this in mind the PC decided to investigate the possibilities of extending their lease of the Cator Hall.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.00pm.

 

Next meeting scheduled for February 10th 2010.

 

Signed: M Curry 10.02.10