meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 8th April 2009 at
7.30pm in the Cator Hall
Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr R Howes, Mrs S
Wilson, Mr L Haslam, Mr R Brown and 2 parishioners.
Cllr A Stewart, Mr D Brozyna
The minutes of the meeting held on 11th
March were read. It was proposed by Mr L
Haslam, seconded by Mrs S Wilson and agreed unanimously that these be signed as
a true record.
- Stones on verges – Jo Horton (NCC Highways Dept) acknowledged
that Cllr B Laughton had contacted her about this problem on 12th
December and ongoing negotiations with one householder were likely to
follow from an Inspector’s visit.
She explained that it involved a long process. Further inspections were suggested.
- Placing of Planter – the BBC awarded planter will be delivered
to the PC registered address pending a final decision on where it is to be
sited. At the Presentation Ceremony
attended by Mr Neale and the Clerk, the PC received a certificate to mark
- Street Signs – An e-mail listing which signs are to be renewed
has been received. The work should
be carried out before the end of April.
- Fence between Triumph Close Garages/Recreation Ground – a
substantial metal fence with concrete posts was fitted by NSH on 16th
March but was pulled down on the following day. NSH have not been in touch
since or the Police, who were informed of the incident. Clerk to contact NSH. In view of the above Rainworth Fencing
were instructed not to fit the fencing ordered for the north side of the
recreation ground but have completed the work on the south of the field.
- Telephone Box – Mr Neale agreed to put a board in the telephone
box to act as a notice board (estimated cost £20). He will also investigate the recommended
paint suppliers for the exterior of the box and contact a local resident
about the possibility of painting the box.
- Rubbish Bin by Telephone Box – this was not being emptied
because of a change of operative.
It has now been added to the fortnightly rota.
- Cllr Stewart sent a message that in view of the concerns about
the extra traffic through Eakring caused by the work on the A617, Bob Hart
(NCC Highways) had put a revised timetable on the contractors to complete
the work in 3 weeks instead of 4. In fact it was finished in 2½ weeks.
- For information, Cllr Stewart has been approached by residents
on Triumph Road about the road surface breaking up at the end of the road
as it approaches the recreation ground.
A site meeting has been held.
It is hoped that remedial action will follow.
- NCC Invoice for mowing 2008 – wrong figure and will be
- Ollerton and District CAB: Grant Aid Application 2009-2010. After discussion it was proposed by Mr R
Brown, seconded by Mrs S Wilson with all in agreement that the PC do not make
a donation for 2009-2010.
- Rural Community Action: Membership 2009-2010. A membership fee of £70 is to be
introduced. The PC decided not to
join. (Proposed by Mr R Neale,
seconded by Mrs S Wilson with all in agreement).
- Tree Works – a) 6 Triumph Close: b) The Windmill/boundary with
Windmill Cottage: c) Allotment land between Ancaster Villa/Cherry Lea,
- Bassetlaw, Newark, Sherwood Parish/District Community Safety
- Bassetlaw, Newark, Sherwood Safer Neighbourhood Groups.
- Tracy Lowe: re road safety/lay-by, Kirklington Road. This matter was discussed. A copy of the letter to be sent to Cllr A Stewart for advice.
Items Circulated (12)
- NSDC Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment
- NCC Blidworth, Bilsthorpe, Southwell Area Local Travel Guide.
- NCC Planning and Landscape Briefing Jan/Feb 09.
- Came and Co. Parish Council Insurance.
- NCC Travel and Transport Briefing Mar 09.
- Emda News
- SIA Fundraising
- Emda database update request
- NSDC Community Newsletter Mar 09.
- East Midlands Regional Plan Partial Review
- ICO Instructional DVD ‘Tick Tock’
- NCC Planning and Landscape Briefing April 09.
The following appeal decision notice was
Ref No APP/B3030/A/08/2072487/NWF
Wind Farm of 5 Turbines with associated
Land at Stonish Hill and former Bilsthorpe
Colliery, Bilsthorpe (Eakring Road)
Allow the appeal and grant planning
Mrs Curry reported that she had met with
NSDC Planning Dept to gain clarification of the siting of the turbines and how policing
of any noise produced would be carried out.
She was assured that the PC would be consulted at all stages of the
Work on the roof has been completed and
progress is being made on refurbishment of the toilets.
The Clerk reported that the field has
already been mown although no company yet has the contract for the 2009 season.
The NCC Landscape Services quote has been
received (£30.90 per cut). The Clerk was
asked to see if they would match the price quoted by Ullyats of Blidworth.
In view of the continued vandalism to the
fence on the boundary of the recreation ground the PC expressed unease about
expensive equipment which could form part of the playing field development
(which might also be the target of vandals).
There was a query about the costs of the project and funding.
Clerk’s Salary £355.00
Clerk’s Expenses £51.95
Cator Hall Rent (Oct-Mar) £37.50
It was proposed by Mr R Neale, seconded by
Mr L Haslam with all in agreement that these accounts be paid.
The planning applications which had
recently been received for:
Church Barn, Kirklington Road
Rhodwyn, Wellow Road
There being no further business, the
meeting closed at 8.45pm.
Next meeting scheduled for 13th
May 2009 after the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Parish Council Meeting.
Signed: MJ Curry 13.05.09