meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 11th March 2009 at
7.30pm in the Cator Hall
Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr R Howes, Mr D
Brozyna, Mrs S Wilson, Mr L Haslam, Mr R Brown, Cllr B Laughton and 2
Cllr A Stewart
The minutes of the meeting held on 11th
February were read. It was proposed by
Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mr R Howes and agreed unanimously that these be
signed as a true record.
- Sandy Lane – Mr Neale had made a site visit and had found a 200
metre section covered in road shavings.
After intervention from Cllr Stewart NCC had contacted the PC. Mrs Curry reported that NCC have agreed
to take up what they have already done and just fill in pot holes in
future as part of an ongoing maintenance programme in order to leave the
character of the green lane.
- Street Signs – Mr Neale reported on a meeting with NSDC Clerk
of Works (Derek Yates). He had agreed to renew certain signs but could not
refurbish old ones. List to be e-mailed.
Options for the PC
allow NSDC to renew signs
keep old signs and investigate if they could be refurbished with the PC
bearing all the costs.
The PC voted on
the alternatives. Renew signs by NSDC – 5. Refurbish by PC – 1 (DB). Abstain –
- Recreation Ground Fence – Mr Neale had sought quotes. Rainworth
Fencing £170 incl VAT for fence on south side of field, £80 incl VAT for
upright posts by garages on north side of field. This was considered the best option for
this area. It was proposed by Mr R
Brown, seconded by Mrs S Wilson with all in agreement that this quote be
accepted and Mr Neale agreed to contact Rainworth Fencing.
- Telephone Box – Legal ownership passed from BT to the PC on 17th
- Overhanging Trees on Triumph Close – Newark and Sherwood Homes
plan to have a site meeting with the owners of the offending properties in
the near future.
- Green Lane – Mr Haslam said that the inspection of the Green
Lane carried out by himself and the Clerk revealed no problems.
- Clerk’s Salary – This would be discussed after the main
- The problem of stones on verges on Church Lane raised in
‘Matters Arising’ was addressed to Cllr Laughton when he joined the
meeting. He confirmed he had passed
the issue to NCC Highways and that the PC should contact Jo Horton.
- Mrs Curry outlined concerns about the road works planned on the
A617 at Cocketts Lane between 16th March and 10th
April and the likelihood of an increase in traffic through Eakring during
this period. There was disquiet
that the PC had not been included in the Roadways Bulletin distribution
informing of this work.
- Cllr Laughton explained the Council Tax increases for 2009-10.
- Road Safety on the A614 was raised and Cllr Laughton was not
hopeful that the roundabout planned near the Eakring turn-off would be
- NCC BBC Community Gift Competition – Congratulations – Award of
a planter. Consideration was given
to an alternative site for the planter but no conclusion was reached. A decision on whether to opt for a
wooden or metal planter was deferred until after Mr Neale attended the
Presentation Ceremony on 14th March.
- NSDC cheque repaying £85.00 planning fee for resilience store.
- Ollerton and District CAB – cards for all Parish Councillors to
pass on to people in community and display.
- Victim Support – Asking for grant aid.
- NCC BBC County Council Members Community Gift.
- NCC re extension to existing 30 mph speed limit – Eakring
- Bassetlaw, Newark, Sherwood: Parish/District Community Safety
- Bassetlaw, Newark, Sherwood: Safer Neighbourhood Groups
- Notts County Link Network.
- NALC County Partnerships training day.
- NALC Countywise Feb 09.
- Countylink Feb 09.
- Planning and Landscape Briefing Jan/Feb 09
- Travel and Transport Briefing Feb 09
- NCC Safe at Home North Notts Telecare Service
- NHS Public Board Meeting Notice 26th March.
- Town and Parish Standard Feb 09
- Clerk and Councils Direct Mar 09
- National Childrens Bureau Participation Works
- NSDC re draft shop fronts and advertisements design guide
supplementary planning document.
Application Number 09/00218/FUL
Change of use of building from general
agricultural use to office and erection of single storey extension.
Chestnut Farm, Wellow Road, Eakring
Circulated and returned 11.3.09
For 7, Against 0 (Nil)
Work on the toilets is progressing. Quotations have been received for work that
needs to be carried out on the roof.
A quote for mowing for the 2009 season had
been received from Ullyats of Blidworth, but NCC had not responded in time for
the meeting despite a telephone reminder.
It was decided to leave the matter until next month’s PC meeting.
Mr Brozyna reported that the Playing Field
Committee were in the process of drawing up a pre-planning application for the
proposed Playing Field development. It
was pointed out that this would have financial implications and would need to
go through the PC.
NALC Annual Subscription £79.62
It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna, seconded
by Mr R Brown with all in agreement that this account be paid.
- The footpath on Kirklington Road from Rose Cottage towards
National Grid is covered with leaves and becomes dangerous when wet. Highways Action Team to be contacted.
- Street light No 16 is out.
- Rubbish bin by the telephone box is not being emptied.
There being no further business the meeting
closed at 9.10pm.
Next meeting scheduled for 8th
MJ Curry 08.04.09