meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 11th February
2009 at 7.30pm in the Cator Hall
Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr R Howes, Mr D
Brozyna, Mr L Haslam, Mr R Brown, Cllr A Stewart and 2 parishioners.
Mrs Sue Wilson
The minutes of the meeting held on 10th
December were read. It was proposed by
Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mr R Neale and agreed unanimously that these be
signed as a true record.
- Verges – a letter had been received by the PC concerning verges
in the village. Cllr Stewart
mentioned the availability of markers from NCC. The PC considered a variety of views on
- Refurbishment of street signs – Mr Neale reported that many of
the street signs were fitted to rotten back boards and posts. NSDC Clerk
of Works is due to make a site visit to assess the situation.
- Clerk’s Salary – A different Clerk’s contract appears to be in
general use. Mrs Curry agreed to
investigate this and its implications for the Clerk’s salary.
- The repair has been completed to the slab at the end of Sikey
- A Playing Field Committee has been formally established and is
about to meet.
- FP8 – the Area Rights of Way Officer notes the problems with
the handrail over the bridge at this point. He hopes to deal with this and plans to
widen the bridge when resources allow.
- Summer Fete – A meeting of interested parties has not yet taken
Cllr Stewart had nothing to report.
Work on the toilets is about to
commence. It will be completed in stages
so that the Hall can remain in use. The
roof needs repairs and investigations are taking place into the best way to
proceed. Mr Brown reported that bookings
for the Hall are good.
- St Andrew’s Parochial Church Council – thank you for £180
- NSDC re Newark and Sherwood Local Development Consultation on
- NSDC Disposal of surplus grass mowers.
- NALC Training Questionnaire 2009
- NALC Data Capture Questionnaire 2009.
- Rural Voice Edition 7 2009.
- Clerks and Councils Direct Jan 09.
- Padding Tipping 2009 Contact and Calendar Card.
- NCC What will your Christmas ….
- Glasdon Brochure
- ICO Freedom of Information
- NCC Rufford Craft Centre Exhibition Programme.
- NHS Public Board Meeting Notice 29 Jan 09.
- Communities and Local Gov: Communities in Control Consultation
- Planning and Landscape Briefing Dec 08.
- NSDC Community Newsletter Dec 08.
- NALC Countywise Dec 08.
- NSDC Register of Electors (full)
- Notts Fire and Rescue: Response Winter 08
- NCC Roads in winter
- NCC Travel and Transport Briefing Dec 08
- Countylink Dec 08
- The Playing Field Newsletter Winter 08/09
- Ollerton and District CAB Annual Report 07/08
- Community Consultants Ltd Rural PC Insurance Scheme
- NCC Improving accessibility Jan/Feb 09.
- Travel and Transport Briefing Jan/Feb 09.
- Lens May-Aug 09.
- NCC Improving Accessibility
- Wickstead brochure
The following decision notices were
Application Number 08/01895/OUT
Erection of Detached Dwelling
Land adjacent Ivy Cottage, Kirklington Road
Refuse outline planning permission 11.12.08
Application Number 08/02097/TEM
Siting of 2 temporary static caravans for
use whilst dwelling is constructed
Land at Hunger Hills, Wellow Road, Eakring
Refuse temporary permission 19.1.09
The following appeal notice was received:
Pond Farm, Kirklington Road
Quotes for mowing – the PC will ask for
quotes for the 2009 season from NCC and Ulyatts of Blidworth. The fence on the south side of the recreation
ground is still down for an 8 metre section near the Triumph Road entrance.
- Telephone Box
The PC have received the signed
agreement from BT saying an e-mail will be sent confirming transfer of
ownership once the phone has been removed.
The PC noted that the phone has
An agreement has been signed
for an unmetered electricity connection between the PC and Eon.
The Insurance Officer at NSDC
confirms that the telephone box is covered under the Parish Council Insurance
Scheme for Public Liability subject to the PC making regular checks on the
box. There is no property insurance.
- Freedom of Information – It was proposed by Mr R Neale,
seconded by Mr L Haslam with all in agreement that the new model
publication scheme provided by the Information Commissioners Office be
adopted by the PC.
- Mr Haslam agreed to carry out the annual Green Lane inspection.
- Mrs Curry felt it was important we had a representative at the
Parish/District Community Safety Liaison Group meetings, as she understood
mobile interactive speed signs could now be loaned via these events.
- Reports were heard of Transco vans racing through the
village. Residents were reminded to
record times of incidents and numbers of vehicles so that details could be
passed to National Grid so offenders could be dealt with.
- The PC heard of the help certain farmers gave to motorists in
the recent bad weather. It was
noted that the bins were not collected.
- Mr Brown reported that resurfacing work had started on Sandy
Lane near its junction with Newark Road.
Mr Neale agreed to investigate.
There being no further business the meeting
closed at 8.40pm.
Next meeting scheduled for 11th
MJ Curry 11.03.09