meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 10th September
2008 at 7.30pm in the Cator Hall
Mrs M Curry, Mr D Brozyna, Mrs S Wilson, Mr
R Brown, L Haslam, Cllr A Stewart, Cllr B Laughton and 1 parishioner.
Mr R Neale, Mr R Howes
The minutes of the meeting held on 11th
June were read. It was proposed by Mr D
Brozyna, seconded by Mrs S Wilson and agreed unanimously that these be signed
as a true record.
The minutes of the meeting held on 13th
August were read. It was proposed by Mr
L Haslam, seconded by Mrs S Wilson and agreed unanimously that these be signed
as a true record.
- Madame Chairman commented that the advice supplied by Mr
Catchpole (Trees Officer) on permitted tree work was somewhat unclear. Other councillors agreed.
- Mr Brozyna pointed out that the 30mph sign on Wellow Road was
still wrongly aligned in spite of repeated requests for help. Cllr Stewart was asked for help to
resolve this matter.
- The Environment Agency had reported that although the lake to
the rear of Bleak House was in poor condition because it was stagnant,
there was no sign of contamination.
They would monitor the situation.
- The Dog Warden had made a visit to Triumph Close and Triumph
Road in June but found no evidence of dog fouling or stray dogs.
- There continue to be scrap metal thieves operating in the area
and residents have raised concerns.
The police have provided the PC with a number to ring.
Mrs Curry said the PC were concerned that
on occasions they were not getting replies to letters and phones calls to NCC
and NSDC. Cllr Stewart suggested sending
him copies of all letters sent, while Cllr Laughton said he would follow up any
missing reply and just to phone him with details.
- Cllr Stewart asked if the PC had a bid in mind for the Building
Better Communities Fund. He thought
the Recreation Ground project could fall within the scheme.
- Cllr Stewart mentioned the Interpretation Board award made by
the Building Better Communities Scheme to Eakring. Mrs Curry asked if he could find out
more details about this.
- Mrs Curry asked if new street signs came under the BBC
funding. The answer was no and the
PC were directed to contact Cllr Armstrong re a councillor’s budget of
- Cllr Stewart couldn’t say when work on improving Main Street
would begin, only that it would be in this financial year
- Cllr Laughton reported that planning had been granted on the
Industrial Site in Bilsthorpe, however the
unexpected traffic island onto the A614 would not be forthcoming. The number of vehicles travelling
through Eakring would be restricted.
- NSDC Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment. Sites in Your Parish
- Newark and Sherwood Homes re fence, garages Triumph Close
- The Planning Inspectorate, Wind farm Appeal 5th
- NSDC Middle Farm Planning Appeal 25th November 2008
- Sherwood Foresters, requesting donation towards war memorial in
Belgium (Ypres) £30. After
discussion it was passed unanimously to make a donation.
- Tree notices: a) Cratley, Back Lane, b) Village Allotments,
- Rural Community Action, Act on CO2 course, 2nd Oct
- BT Adopt a Kiosk Scheme and Sponsored Kiosk Programme. The PC decided to proceed
with the Adopt a Kiosk Scheme.
- Rural Community Action: Parish Plan Evaluation 2008
- Newark and Sherwood Safer Neighbourhood Groups July 08 Meetings
- NCC Rufford Craft Centre brochure/programme
- NCC Planning and Landscape Briefing June 08
- Glasdon brochures
- NHS Nottinghamshire Service Review
- NCC Travel and Transport Briefing June 08
- NSDC Community Newsletter
- Clerks and Councils Direct July 08
- NALC Countrywise Issue 24
- NCC A-Z Guide to Services
- Resresio 360 Degrees of Pure Recycling
- Bassetlaw, Newark, Sherwood Community Safety Partnership
Parish/District Community Safety Liaison Group Agenda 28/7/08
- NCC Planning and Landscape Briefing July 08
- NCC Travel and Transport Briefing July/August 08
- Letter inviting entries for Valerie Gillespie Cup
- EMDA News Summer Edition
- NCC Countylink July 08
- NCC Youthzone Poster
- Wicksleed Brochure
- NSDC Training on Code of Conduct Course 12th
- NSDC Local Development Framework Evidence Base
- NSDC Search for Citizen of the Year 2008
- NCC Nottinghamshire Registration Services Proposal for
- NCC Planning and Landscape Briefing August
- East Midlands Fire and Rescue Control Centre Information.
- NSDC Survey of PC in N&S (may 08) Interim Report
- The Moneyspinner Funding Information Newsletter
- Proposed change to East Midlands Regional Plan
- NSDC Training on the Code of Conduct 12.9.08
- Notts Fire and Rescue Response Magazine Summer 08
- Exploring the benefits of working together to tackle housing
- Bassetlaw, Newark, Sherwood Community Safety Partnership Local
Liaison Group Meeting 27th October
- Campaign to Protect Rural England
- Macmillan Cancer Support World’s Biggest Coffee Morning
- Glasdon brochure
- Clerks and Councils Direct Brochure September
- NCC Planning and Landscape Briefing September 08
- NSDC Standards Committee Agenda 11.09.08
Application Number 07/01029/FULM
Office, workshop and workshop buildings
with ancillary parking areas and yard
Land off Brailwood Close, Bilsthorpe
Circulated and returned 16.6.08
For 1, Against 5, Absent 1
Application Number 08/01008/FUL
Briar Cottage, Church Lane, Eakring
Circulated and returned 3.7.08
For 5, Against Nil, Absent 2
Approve full planning permission 7.8.08
Application Number 08/01538/FUL
Change of use from Post office (A1) to
Dwelling (C3) with extended alterations
Eakring Post Office and Stores, Kirklington
Circulated and returned 14.7.08
For 7, Against Nil
Approve full planning permission 5.8.08
Planning Application 08/01768/FUL
Ashlea, Main Street, Eakring
Circulated and returned 1.9.08
For 6, Against Nil, Declared interest 1
Application Number 08/01707/FUL
Placing of resilience store
National Grid Transco Plc, Kirklington Road
Circulated to be returned by 11th
Application Number 08/0507/FUL
Conversion of former agricultural buildings
to 4 No dwellings and erection of 4 dwellings
Pond Farm, Kirklington Road, Eakring
Refuse full planning permission 3.6.08
Application Number 08/00506/LBC
Alteration of former agricultural buildings
to form 4 No dwellings
Pond Farm, Kirklington Road, Eakring
Approve listed building consent 2.6.08
Mr Brown reported that the Management
Committee had held their AGM. Amongst
changes in personnel, Mrs Brown had become Secretary and Mrs D Martin, Bookings
Secretary. The Management Committee
thanked the PC for the grant for the annual insurance. They are waiting to hear about requests for
funding they have made. Meanwhile the
fixing of the new oil tank is about to take place.
letter had been received from Newark and Sherwood Homes about fixing the fence
near the garages on Triumph Close. This
was completed on 27th August.
Unfortunately within 10 days it had been vandalised and has now
disappeared. The matter was discussed.
Planning Permission Application £ 85.00
Cator Hall Insurance £958.35
It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded
by Mr D Brozyna with all in agreement that these accounts be paid.
- Mr L Haslam reported on the progress of the resilience store
planning application. The Clerk
informed the PC that to progress the application it was necessary to sign
a ‘Tenancy at Will’ between the PC and National Grid. One clause of the contract was an annual
peppercorn rent of £1 + VAT
- Madame Chairman read out a letter from NCC Communities
Department on extension to existing 30mph speed limit, Eakring
Village. These proposals were
agreed by the PC. On the section
under the heading ‘Bilsthorpe Road’ the PC chose the option of leaving the
name plate in its present position.
- It was suggested that positive news of the resilience store and
the 30mph signs be published in the Eakring Echo.
- The principle of affordable housing and small houses for young
couples and downsizing older couples was debated. A new planning application was
There being no further business, the
meeting closed at 9.15pm.
Next meeting scheduled for 8th
Signed: MJ Curry 08.10.08