A meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 11th June 2008 at 7.30pm in the Cator Hall

 

Present

Mrs M Curry, Mr D Brozyna, Mr R Howes, Mrs S Wilson, Mr L Haslam and 2 parishioners.

 

Apologies

Mr R Neale, Mr R Brown, Cllr A Stewart

 

Minutes

The minutes of the meeting held on the 14th May were read.  It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mr L Haslam and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

 

Matters Arising

  1. The Clerk reported that there was an outstanding Enforcement Notice in the village dating from 2001.
  2. Although Newark and Sherwood Homes have not fixed the fence between the Recreation Ground and Triumph Close garages, a ‘No Fly Tipping’ notice has been erected.
  3. Mr Catchpole has been out to the village to deal with two tree related issues on Back Lane.
  4. Madame Chairman reported that although the wind farm appeal had originally been planned for August, it now looked more likely to go ahead in November.

 

County/District Councillors

No representatives were present.

 

Correspondence

  1. From Mr M Catchpole (Trees and Woodland Officer) NSDC re ‘what is a tree’ and offering advice on what is permitted work.
  2. The Planning Inspectorate: acknowledging receipt of PC’s views on wind farm planning application and desire to speak at appeal hearing.
  3. NSDC ‘Partnerships with Parish Councils’ questionnaire.
  4. NSDC ‘Invitation to Parish Community Resilience’ meeting.
  5. NSDC ‘Standards Committee Agenda’ (11th June 2008)
  6. Tree works – Cherry Cottage, Church Lane

 

Items circulated:

  1. NCC Travel and Transport Briefing (May 08)
  2. NCC Nottinghamshire Highways 2007/08 into 2008/09.
  3. Glasdon brochures
  4. Newark and Sherwood Health and Wellbeing Alliance Event (13.06.08)
  5. NALC An introduction to Chairmanship course
  6. Sutcliffe Play Equipment brochure.

 

Planning

As a matter of information the Clerk reported that decision notices had arrived on the Pond Farm planning applications since the agenda had been circulated.

 

Cator Hall

There was no report as Mr Brown was absent.

 

Recreation Ground

Mr Brozyna said that various plans had been drawn up for equipment for the playing field and funding was the next stage.  Madame Chairman raised the question of whether another Parish Councillor getting involved at this stage might be beneficial.  It was decided to revisit this matter at a future PC meeting when other councillors were available to consult.

 

Accounts

  1. The Clerk reported that he had not had an invoice for the Annual Insurance and he would need to pay this before the PC met again in September.  It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mrs S Wilson with all in agreement that a payment could be paid as long as it did not exceed +10% of last years premium (£157.85).
  2. The audited figures for 2007-2008 (ending 31.3.2008) were presented.  It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mrs S Wilson with all in agreement that these be accepted.  They were signed by the Chairman and Clerk.  The Annual Governance Statement was approved by the PC and signed by the Chairman and Clerk.
  3. It was agreed to send a letter of thanks to the Internal Auditor, Mr Peter Walker.

 

Any Other Business

  1. Community Resilience Store: Mr Haslam reported on a meeting at Kelham Hall attended by himself and the Clerk.  After discussion the National Grid site remained the first choice of site for the store.  Mr Haslam will contact the National Grid Facilities Officer to ascertain his views on the container style of storage and the planning permission issue.
  2. Partnerships with Parish Councils questionnaire.  This was filled in.
  3. Concerns were raised about the possible contamination of the lake behind Bleak House.  Clerk to contact Environmental Department as a matter of urgency.
  4. Dog Fouling and stray dogs, particularly in the Triumph Road area.  Action: 1) Clerk to contact the Dog Warden, 2) note in Eakring Echo.
  5. Discussion took place on the state of the roads in particular Kirklington Road.
  6. Mr Brozyna pointed out that the 30 sign on Wellow Road was still misaligned.
  7. Mr Howes warned that a gang was operating in the area stealing scrap metal.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.15pm.

 

Next meeting scheduled for 10th September 2008.

 

Signed M Curry 10.09.08