A meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 11th November  2009 at 7.30pm in the Cator Hall

 

Present

Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr R Howes, Mr D Brozyna, Mr R Brown, Mr L Haslam.

 

Apologies: Mrs S Wilson and Cllr A Stewart

 

Minutes

The minutes of the meeting held on 14th October were read.  It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mr R Brown, and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

 

Matters Arising

  1. Telephone Box – arrangements for refurbishment work are still being made – Attention will be given to the light at the same time.
  2. Anti-Skid Surfaces – whilst welcoming the proposed new surfaces, it was pointed out that the chosen area on Wellow Road normally had to be repaired quite often.  It was hoped that the road was in good condition when the anti-skid surface was laid.
  3. Annual Parish Conference – Mrs Curry gave a summary of this event which she had attended on 9th November.
  4. Posts for street name signs – Clerk will contact the contractors who fitted the street name signs to see if they can supply new posts for the other signs that the PC wish to refurbish.
  5. Interactive speed signs – a meeting has been held with members of the PC and NCC and a sign is due to be sited on Main Street near Sikey Lane next week.  It will be later placed on Kirklington Road near Brail Farm.  Mrs Curry informed the PC that new rules mean that PC can now purchase their own signs.
  6. English Heritage Conservation Areas at Risk Report – information on this work is still being sought.
  7. Pavement: Kirklington Road towards National Grid – NCC have still not cleared this and they are to be contacted again.

 

County/District Councillors

Apologies were received from Cllr Stewart.

 

Correspondence

  1. NALC Suggestions for ways that NCC could work better with Parish/Town Councils
  2. NALC AGM Agenda 18th November
  3. NCC Contact, questionnaire completed on improving efficiency.
  4. NSDC Tree Notices – a) Primrose Cottage, b) Ryalls Farm

 

Items Circulated

  1. Macmillan Cancer Support, Walk with Us
  2. Rural Voice Edition 9
  3. National Grid Notification of Change of Payment Address
  4. REAN The Playing Field
  5. NSDC Register of Electors Annual Canvas Poster
  6. NHS Nottinghamshire Public Board Meeting 26.11.09 poster
  7. NCC Save the Date, Parish Council event 10.12.09
  8. NCC Planning and Landscape Briefing Nov
  9. Class Mobile Bar brochure
  10. NALC How to understand planning application course
  11. NCC: NCC and Parish and Town Councils event 10.12.09
  12. Clerks and Councils Direct No 66

 

Planning

The following decision notice has been received:

Application Number 09/00483/FUL

Change of use of farm building to games room for domestic use (retrospective)

Manor Farm, Bilsthorpe Road, Eakring

Refused full planning permission 13.10.09

 

A late agenda item:

The following planning application has been received:

Application Number 09/01578/FUL

Householder application for alterations to garage roof space to create additional bedroom

Ivalo, Mill Lane, Eakring

For 5, Against 0, Absent 1, Declared Interest 1

 

Cator Hall

Mr Brown reported that the two performances of the concert were a great success.

The Management Committee had a meeting due on Monday but were looking into applying for a grant before spending money on new front doors.

 

Recreation Ground

The PC agreed to write to NCC Landscape Services to ask for an invoice for this year’s mowing work so that it could be paid at next month’s PC meeting.

 

Accounts

Churchyard Maintenance Grant £180.00

It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mr L Haslam with all in agreement that this account be paid.

 

Any Other Business

  1. The leaves that have fallen on FP23 (between Main Street and Church Lane) have been reported as a safety issue to NCC.
  2. The rules relating to cutting down trees outside the Conservation Area were clarified.
  3. Informal contact with the NSDC Planning Department indicate that there have been no developments on the wind farm to date.
  4. Mr Howes proposal for a Christmas Tree outside the Cator Hall was supported unanimously by the PC and Mr Brown agreed to take the idea to the next Cator Hall Management Committee meeting.
  5. Discussion took place about future developments of the Cator Hall and possible restrictions on obtaining grants.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.45pm.

 

Next meeting scheduled for 9th December 2009.

 

Signed:  M Curry 09.12.09