A meeting of the Parish Council took place on Wednesday 13th June 2007 at 7.30pm in the Cator Hall

 

Present

Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr D Brozyna, Mr R Howes, Mr R Brown, Mrs S Wilson, Mr L Haslam and 8 parishioners.

 

Minutes

The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 9th May were read. It was proposed by Mrs S Wilson, seconded by Mr L Haslam and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

 

The meeting was then adjourned to allow parishioners to raise points for discussion during the meeting and then re-opened.

 

Matters Arising

  1. Finger post Main Street/Wellow Road junction. Clerk and Councillor Andy Stewart confirmed that this would be repaired to a good standard and not replaced.
  2. Code of Conduct. Clerk explained that the pro-forma which we used, adapted and adopted in May contained an error. This has been corrected and amended copies sent to N&S District Council and the Standards Board as required. All Councillors now have a copy.

 

Correspondence

The following items were received, discussed, circulated or displayed.

  1. Letters from Central Networks and Mr & Mrs Worley of Jasmine Cottage re access to sub-station. It was agreed that a pedestrian gate in the fence adjoining footpath 19 (Back Lane-Kirklington Road) to allow access to the sub-station should open inwards, i.e. onto land at Jasmine Cottage. Cost to be met by Mr & Mrs Worley, gate to be padlocked with Central Networks holding key. New access required as gates are to be erected blocking current access from Kirklington Road. Clerk to check with NCC Rights of Way Officer that this is OK.
  2. Written confirmation that the creation of a lay-by on Kirklington Road is scheduled for implementation 2007/2008 following detailed design work, accurate cost estimate and consultation with affected parties. Details of timescale therefore not yet possible.
  3. Proposed installation of oak seat of same design as one near telephone box and opposite Savile Arms in memory of Jack Palin, a life long resident of Eakring. Seat to be erected by Bartle family on verge near entrance to church when all necessary checks by NCC Highways have been completed. It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna with all in agreement that this seat, when installed, be accepted as a gift to the Parish.
  4. Planning and Property brief May 07
  5. Election results poster
  6. Dog Control Orders response by end May completed and returned
  7. NALC Countywise, New Councillor Training Seminar, Legal Briefing re Code of Conduct.
  8. NALC Notice of Meeting Newark Area Committee 6th June Minster Centre 7.30pm.
  9. Bus timetable Blidworth, Bilsthorpe and Southwell
  10. Notts Police Authority Policing for You
  11. CHUB notice of Annual Report on website.
  12. Model Code of Conduct
  13. Parish Council Contact update completed and returned.
  14. The Code of Conduct Guide for Members (10 copies). Copy to each Councillor.
  15. Notts Wildlife Trust Future of Dukes Wood. Invite for Chairman to consultation event 21.6.07.
  16. MRCP Poster 27th July 1.15 2.15
  17. Training Code of Conduct outline of the local investigation procedure. 27.6.07 6pm Kelham Hall Music Room
  18. Planning and Property Briefing June 07
  19. BBC Radio Nottingham re Groundswell broadcasts
  20. Glasdon Newssheet and Brochure

 

Planning

The following planning applications were received.

 

Application Number 07/00376/FUL

Cherry Lea, Back Lane

Detached Garage

Circulated and returned 18.6.07

For 6, Absent 1

 

Application Number 07/00663/FUL

National Grid/Transco

Raising the height of an existing chimney

Discussed at meeting

For 7, Against Nil

 

Cator Hall

It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mr R Neale that Mr R Brown replace Mr D Walker as Trustee. Mr R Howes to continue as the other Trustee.

 

The disabled access will hopefully be installed be the end of the month. The annual fire check has been carried out. The flat roof continues to cause concern.

 

Recreation Ground

Thanks were given to Mr R Brown and Mr L Haslam who cleared the rubbish from the dike. Tyres still to be disposed of. Cost is expected to be approx 75p/tyre. Clerk has requested replacement key for padlock on gate. New chain also required.

 

Accounts

NALC New Councillor Training (4) 60.00

Insurance 157.85

CAB Grant 50.00

It was proposed by Mrs M Curry, seconded by Mr D Brozyna with all in agreement that these accounts be paid.

 

The audited figures for the year ending 31.3.07 were given. Mr L Haslam proposed, Mr D Brozyna seconded with all in agreement that these be accepted. Signed by Chairman and Clerk. The annual governance statement was approved by Council and duly signed. New Councillors completed the forms for new signatories for bank account.

 

Any Other Business

  1. Speeding in Village. Parishioner has again complained about excessive speeds on Kirklington Road. Funding for cameras has been reduced. Beat Officers are being trained to use police cameras. This will not be operational until September. Clerk to write to Chief Constable. Letter to National Grid/Transco re speeding vehicles.
  2. Complaints received re occupants of 5 Triumph Close currently being used to house Bilsthorpe residents during renovations. Letter sent asking for help and advice. Copy of letter to be send to Cllr Bruce Laughton.
  3. Clerk to ensure highway problems continue to be reported and followed up.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.30pm.

 

No meetings July and August

 

Next meeting scheduled for 12th September.

 

Signed: M Curry 06.09.07