Parish Council News
A meeting of the Parish Council took place on Wednesday, 8th March 2006 at 7.30pm in Cator Hall
Mr D Walker, Mr R Neale, Mr D Brozyna, Mr R Howes, Mrs M Curry, Mr F Cooper and 5 parishioners.
Mrs M Stokes
The meeting was closed to allow comments from Parishioners, of which there were none, and then re-opened.
The minutes of the meeting held on 8th February were read. It was proposed by Mr F Cooper, seconded by Mr D Brozyna and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.
a) Emergency Plan – last revised March 2001. Clerk reported that advice from Emergency Planning at County Hall was to update plan, send copy to them for review. Clerk to start the update and to be discussed further in April.
b) Green Lane inspection. Mr F Cooper reported that the site was clear of litter. Some minor pruning required.
c) Wellow Road and Newark Road were gritted during the recent cold spell.
d) Clerk has written to request cleaning of Ellis’ Hill and footpath from P.O. to Back Lane by Litter Hit Squad on proposed visit w/c 17.04.06. Fly tipping in gateways on Kirklington Road between National Grid and Coultas Farm reported and removed.
The following items were discussed:
1. Local Transport Plan, Rural Schemes. Our request for gateways at four entry points to village is in the top priority category for schemes to be implemented during the 5 year life span of the second Local Transport Plan. No timescale for action available yet.
2. Creation Order Footpath No 27. From SK66916174 at junction with footpath No. 1 for approx 288m in west-north-westerly direction on grass surface of Mill Lane. No objections or representations to be made.
The following items were also received and circulated or displayed.
3. NSDC re guidance for filling a casual vacancy.
4. NSDC Agenda Standards Committee Feb 20th
5. Travel and Transport Briefing Feb 06.
7. Tree work Linzee House inc TPO
8. Tree work Highbank
9. N&SDC Housing Forum
10. NAVO Poster and Postcards
11. Shipley Garden Services leaflet
13. Who’s Who at NSDC
14. Clive Braddock Dry Stone Walling and Hedge Laying
15. Planning and Property Briefing Mar 06.
The following planning application was received:
Application Number 06/00056/FUL
Barns at Chestnut Farm, Wellow Road.
Conversion to form offices.
Discussed at meeting. Small single storey barn not included in original application.
For 6, Absent 1
The following decision notices were received:
Application Number 05/02386/FUL
Land adjacent Hollies Farm
Erection of one dwelling house
Refuse full planning permission
Application Number 05/02297/FUL
Land to front of Bleak House
Erection of dwelling with attached double garage and store
Approve full planning permission.
The meeting planned for 27th Feb was cancelled. Bar still to be replaced. Blinds have been fitted. Outside work to be done when weather improves.
Quote received for mowing April to October at 14 day intervals - ₤30.33 per cut. Although this is a large increase it was agreed by all that it should be accepted. Clerk to confirm.
Best Kept Village Competition. Information to be circulated. Discuss what action required at April meeting.
Other suggestions for Council action were discussed. It was proposed by Mr R Neale, seconded by Mr R Howes with all in agreement that for a trial period of 6 months the Council minutes would be published on the village website. Mr Robert Brown to transcribe the handwritten minutes once approved.
Mr D Brozyna is gathering information re play equipment for recreation ground. Also funding availability. D. Cllr. Bruce Laughton to provide contacts with other villages who have play areas.
No action re letters to businesses in village with regard to speeding traffic until Community Speedwatch has been implemented.
Any Other Business
1. Mr F Cooper suggested that the village should have a bottle bank. It was agreed that this had been explored in the past and was not feasible. Cllr Laughton stated that there may be a possibility of kerbside collection for bottles in the future depending on what type of sorting centre is installed at Calverton.
2. P.C. White, our Community Police Officer to attend the Parish Meeting in May.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.35.
Next meeting scheduled for Wed 12th April.
Signed D. Walker 12th April 06