Parish Council News
A meeting of the Parish Council was called for Monday 20th March at in Cator Hall to discuss the following planning application
Mr D Walker, Mr R Neale, Mr R Howes, Mrs M Curry, Mrs M Stokes, Mr D Brozyna, C Cllr A Stewart, D Cllr N Armstrong and 6 parishioners.
Mr F Cooper, D Cllr B Laughton
Planning Application Number 06/00211/FULM
Residential development including the
conversion of existing barns and outbuildings at land at Pond Farm,
Parishioners expressed their views on this application before discussion by Councillors.
A discussion followed and it was agreed unanimously that the application should be opposed because:
1. It would result in the loss of an important open space (N&SDC Local Plan Policy H13 C1)
2. Over intensification of the site.
3. Proximity to properties on
4. Concerns re access and additional traffic.
5. It would increase the size of the village by almost 10% which is not considered to be small-scale (Policy H13).
The Parish Council would however encourage the conversion and preservation of existing buildings.
The following application was also discussed:
Application Number 06/00380/FUL
Erection of a timber garden shed with felted pitched roof.
For 6, Against 0, Absent 1
There being no further business, the meeting closed at .
Signed D Walker 12th April 06.