meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 14th March 2007 at
7.30pm in Cator Hall
Mr R Neale, Mrs M Stokes, Mr F Cooper, Mr D
Brozyna, Mrs M Curry, Mr R Howes and 7 parishioners.
Mr D Walker
The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday
14th February were read. It
was proposed by Mr D Brozyna,
seconded by Mr F Cooper and agreed unanimously
that these be signed as a true record.
- Ball park figure to replace a street name sign is £100. Signs are only replaced by District
Council when badly
damaged or missing.
- County Councillor Andy Stewart reported that from April there
will be no funding for police mobile cameras in villages.
Community Speedwatch will continue.
- The Eakring village sign is on order.
- County Councillor Andy Stewart presented a cheque for £300 to
Vice Chairman Mr R Neale. This
money is to be
used towards the disabled access. Quotations for this are still being organised.
- Cllr Andy Stewart to investigate the possibility of repair or
replacement with similar of the finger post signpost at j
unction of Main
Street and Bilsthorpe Road.
- Light on Church Lane repaired.
Latest set of reported faulty lights still awaiting attention.
The following items of correspondence were
received and circulated or displayed.
- N&S Community Safety Partnership – agenda for next meeting
30th April. Notes of
meeting 29th January.
- Notice of tree work – Old Coach House
- Nottinghamshire Drafts Rights of Way Improvement Plan
(CD). Hard copy produced by R &
Replies by 14th
- Travel and Transport Briefing March 07
- Clerks and Councils Direct March 07
- Planning and Property Briefing March 07
- Sid Paver – New Contact Details
- Bennington Metal Furniture
- Parish Council Nomination Forms – Election 3rd May.
The following application was received and
discussed at meeting.
Application Number 07/00273/FUL
Grasmere, Back Lane
Change of use of land, erect green house.
Mr D Brozyna declared an interest and left
For 5, Absent 1, Declared Interest 1
Windfarm. A letter was read to Council
suggesting that a new application from Eakring Farming and Harworth
be submitted in April.
It is hoped that quotes can be obtained and
disabled access installed in the near future.
Thanks were expressed
for the help with funding. Enquiries are currently being made as to
availability of grants for installation of a disabled toilet.
Quotes for mowing received from NCC -
£31.24 per cut and a Mr Key in Bilsthorpe - £30 a cut. It was agreed
unanimously to continue with
NCC Landscape Services.
Proposed equipment. A funding meeting has been
attended and a business plan formulated.
Good quality low
maintenance equipment is proposed.
- Green Lane. Clerk
reported all in order. Free of
- The by-way signs installed on Mill Lane/Tenters Lane have been
removed. Installed in error as
order is pending. NCC have apologised.
Several new signs have appeared around the village on footpaths
by-ways not previously signposted.
This is part of the County Council’s new rights of way initiative.
- Parishioners had reported poor state of repair of boundary
fences etc at 5 Triumph Close. Cllr
to report as this is a District Council property.
- Parishioners had reported an overhanging branch on Kirklington
Road. Previously identified by
Cllr Andy Stewart to report.
- Another reported problem with dog barking. Clerk to provide contact details. Suggested approach owners
- Problems over some considerable time with surface water and
blocked drains outside Greenfield Row dealt
with by Mr J Barrows. Flooding now alleviated but repairs to
- Dog fouling of pavements and footpaths becoming a problem. Clerk to put notice in Echo.
- Nomination papers for the forthcoming election on May 3rd
were made available.
There being no further business the meeting
closed at 8.30pm.
Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday April
11th at 7.30pm.
D Walker 11/4/07