meeting of the Parish Council took place on
Mr D Walker, Mr R Neale, Mr R Howes, Mr F Cooper, Mrs M Stokes and 1 parishioner.
Mrs M Curry, Mr D Brozyna
The minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday
May 10th were read. It was proposed by
Mr R Neale, seconded
by Mrs M Stokes and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.
1. Drains despite assurances from NCC there have still not been cleared. Clerk to pursue.
Pavements and Road Sweeping
some roads have been swept. Attempt made
to clear pavement on
Unsatisfactory outcome. Clerk to follow up.
Mansfield/Newark directories are available to BT customers. New Mansfield/Newark directory due
end of July. BT are aware there is a problem.
The following items were received and discussed at meeting.
1. Interim Parish Council Conference Wed June 21st. Mr R Neale & Mr F Cooper to attend.
2. CAB request for grant discuss September.
Cator Hall Management Committee
request for regular funding. Financial
situation was outlined. Agreed in
principle to help.
Amount to be decided later and budgeted for in next years precept. It was suggested that Parish Council might cover the cost
of the insurance which would enable the income from the Number Club to fund ongoing maintenance, fire and electrical inspections etc.
The following items were received and circulated or displayed.
4. Insurance for Parish Councils application
5. Planning and Property Briefing
6. Nottinghamshire Partnership Update
7. N&S Arts Plan 2006-2010
8. N&S Leisure and Cultural Services Strategy 06-10
9. N&S DC Noise Action Week Poster
10. Notts RCC Parish Plan Questionnaire completed and returned
11. Rural Voice Spring 06
12. NRCC Notice of AGM 1st November
13. CAB request for funding
14. Newark & Sherwood Homes choice based lettings review
15. NCC Social Services Publications Brochure
16. E.M. Regional Assembly Review of E.M. Regional Plan
17. Environment Agency water abstraction
18. Planning and Property Briefing
19. Police leaflets and questionnaires
20. Travel and Transport Briefing June 06
The following applications were received.
Application Number 06/00800/FUL
Erection of a conservatory
Circulated and returned 12.6.06
For 7, Against Nil
Application Number 06/00813/FUL
Rear extension to form utility and WC with en-suite bathroom over.
Circulated and returned 12.6.06
For 5, Against Nil, Declared Interest 2
The following application was withdrawn.
Application Number 06/00211/FULM
Residential development including the conversion of existing barns and outbuildings at Pond Farm.
The Chairman outlined the current situation with regard to the proposed windfarm development. Due to the widespread objections the Planning Dept have suggested the developers may wish to reconsider the proposal. A revised application is expected with the earliest date for consideration by Planning Committee being September.
Nothing to report. Mr F Cooper to spray areas not membraned.
Grass is being cut. Still not used. It was agreed the Parish Council need to fund the fencing repair. Mr R Neale to deal with this.
Annual Parish Council
Insurance £145.25. It was agreed this amount should be paid when
requested. The audited figures were
agreed and the statement of assurance was approved by Council.
Questionnaire from NRCC about effectiveness and operation of Parish Plan completed by Mr D Walker and returned.
Any Other Business
1. Councillors Declaration of Financial and Other Interests. Forms updated where necessary. Clerk to report alterations.
Path at side of Flash reported
overgrown. Footpath No 9 appears to go
through middle of water. Clerk to check
Three large new pylons have
been erected to rear of National Grid offices.
Planning Dept have stated that planning
not required. Cllr Laughton to make further enquiries.
There being no further business the meeting closed at .
Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, 13th September.