A meeting of the Parish Council took place on Wednesday, 10th May 2006 in Cator Hall

 

Present

Mr D Walker, Mr R Neale, Mr D Brozyna, Mrs M Stokes, Mrs M Curry, Mr R Howes and 11 parishioners.

 

Apologies

Mr F Cooper

 

Minutes

The minutes of the meeting held on 12th April were read.  It was proposed by Mr R Howes, seconded by Mrs M Stokes and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

 

Matters Arising

1.      Verge Church Lane.  Pallets and cones removed promptly after clerk spoke to neighbour.

2.      Drains – jetting scheduled.

3.      Litter Hit Squad – not yet seen in village.

 

Correspondence

The following correspondence was received and discussed.

 

1.      Building Better Communities.  Application for lay-by on Kirklington Road has not been successful.  County Councillor Andy Stewart will ensure it is put forward again when more funding is available.

2.      Newark and Sherwood Community Safety Partnership Meeting Mon 24th July, Neighbourhood Policing.  Mr R Howes to reply/attend.

3.      Civic Service 16th July Southwell Minster.  No representation.

4.      Rough Sleepers Survey. Not relevant.

5.      Modification Order Footpath 27 Mill Hill.

6.      Nottinghamshire Joint Structure Plan and effect on consideration of planning applications – to be circulated.

 

The following items were also received and circulated or displayed.

7.      Glasdon brochures.

8.      Flyers ‘Final Siege of Newark 1646’

9.      Rufford leaflets and information.

10. Paper Copy – Green Spaces

11. Notice of tree works – The Gables and Welwyn.

12. Newark & Notts County Show poster – on noticeboard.

13. Clerks and Councils Direct

14. The Miracle Times – play equipment.

15. SOS to advertise summer events for under 16’s

16. EMDA News

17. Shaws brochure – stationery

18. ODPM – Local Authority Bye-laws in England – A Discussion Paper.

19. Focus Newsletter – Environment Agency.

 

Planning

The following application was withdrawn

06/00380/FUL

Petlyn Cottage Main Street

Erection of a timber garden shed with felted pitched roof.

Cator Hall

Successful working party – levelled, gravelled land to rear.  Fencing and gate also installed.  Roses donated.  Shrubs still to be planted.  Replacement of rendering and painting of barge boards ongoing.  Roof leak appears to be cured.

 

Recreation Ground

Fence adjoining gate has disappeared.  Mr R Neale to investigate what is required to repair.

 

Accounts

Best Kept Village entry £5.00.

Transfer precept to deposit account.

It was proposed by Mr R Howes, seconded by Mrs M Stokes and agreed by all that these be actioned.

 

Parish Plan

Best Kept Village. Mr D Walker to put further information in Echo re marking etc.

 

Any Other Business

1.      Pavements badly need sweeping.  Clerk to request.

2.      Phone Books. Mid Lincolnshire directories recently delivered.  Villagers require the Mansfield/Newark edition – available to BT subscribers.  Clerk to write item for Echo.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.25pm.

 

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday June 14th.

 

 

Signed: D Walker 14/6/06