A meeting of the Parish Council took place on Wednesday 5th September 2007 at 7.30pm in Cator Hall

 

Present

Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr R Brown, Mr L Haslam, C. Cllr Andy Stewart, D Cllr Nora Armstrong and 4 parishioners.

 

Apologies

Mr D Brozyna, Mrs S Wilson, Mr R Howes

 

Minutes

The minutes of the meeting held on 13th June were read.  It was proposed by Mr R Neale, seconded by Mr R Brown and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.  The minutes of the meeting held on 18th July were then read.  Mr L Haslam proposed and Mr R Neale seconded with all in agreement that these be signed as a true record.  The meeting was then adjourned to allow comments from parishioners and then re-opened.

 

Matters Arising

  1. Access to sub-station.  Rights of Way Officer with gate opening inwards as discussed.
  2. Seat in memory of Jack Palin.  To be installed by authorised personnel to required standards.  Parish Council will need to sign document and confirm public liability insurance in place.
  3. A very positive response form National Grid re speeding and driving issues in village.
  4. Tyres have been removed from playing field.
  5. Further use of community speed watch cameras not arranged.  Our concerns have been passed to Management Team for Bassetlaw, Newark and Sherwood Division. Cllr Andy Stewart confirmed that the Beat Officer Keith Thompson has been trained to use mobile camera and would be able to issue fines to offenders.  He can be contacted on 01636 605999 Ext 7671.

 

Correspondence

  1. Summer floods and Risk and Resilience Conference 4th Oct 6.30-9.15pm Kelham.  Mr R Neale, Mr L Haslam and Mr R Brown to attend. Cllr Stewart stressed that gulleys and drains should be checked by us and any blockages reported with a request for clearing.
  2. Requests through County Councillors for roads needing attention. Cllr Andy Stewart to suggest Main Street and Wellow Road.  Copy of letter received from Cllr Laughton also.
  3. Newark and Sherwood Safety Partnership – Monday 29th Oct. Pass to Mr R Howes.  Agenda Item – Safer Neighbourhoods.
  4. Newark and Sherwood Homes – response re complaints about tenants 5 Triumph Close.

 

The following were received and circulated or displayed.

  1. NRCC Parish Plan Evaluation – Review completed and returned.
  2. NALC – Maps for venue for new councillor training.
  3. Who’s who at N&S.
  4. EMDA news magazine July 07.
  5. Travel and Transport Briefing Aug/Sep 07
  6. Planning and Landscape briefing Aug 07
  7. Countylink July 07
  8. Casualty Report 2006.
  9. NALC crash course on planning Norwell Village Hall 7-9pm 18.10.07
  10. MOD Defence Estates response re windfarm.
  11. Clerks and Councils Direct.

 

Planning

Application Number 07/00856/FULEIA

Wind farm of five turbines with associated items (re-submission)

Land at Stonish Hill and former Bilsthorpe Colliery Site.

 

Response from MOD – risk now considered ‘manageable’.

No reply received from N&S Planning Department with regard to change of use of land and implications – 2 letters sent.

District Councillor Nora Armstrong to speak with planning officers as this is unacceptable.

Letters received from developers in reply to query as to how Community Fund would be administered if application is approved.

Clerk to ask for confirmation in writing that response can be delayed until our next meeting due to lack of replies.

 

Application Number 07/01029/FULM

New office, warehouse and workshop buildings with ancillary parking areas and yard.

Land off Brailwood Close

Circulated and returned 31.7.07.

Against 6, Absent 1 (RH)

Increased volume of traffic along our narrow lanes.  Bilsthorpe strongly oppose application.

 

The following decision notice was received.

Application Number 07/00663/FUL

Raising the height of an existing chimney

National Grid Transco

Approve full planning permission.

 

Cator Hall

Disabled access – still awaited.  The insurance has been paid by Parish Council as agreed and budgeted for in the precept.  WI were unsuccessful in their request for lottery funding towards new chairs.  However National Grid have agreed to buy 70 new chairs.

 

Recreation Ground

Gate is again damaged.  Mr R Neale agreed to inspect.

 

Accounts

Election costs                        £790.35

Cator Hall insurance £912.70

 

Any Other Business

  1. Complaints re Ellis Hill.  Clerk has spoken to footpaths officer who reiterated that encroaching vegetation and hedgerows are the responsibility of adjoining properties.  Mr L Haslam will strim on this occasion.  Reminder to be put in the Echo.
  2. Complaint to Madame Chairman re garden bonfire.  No action to be taken.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.40pm.

Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday 10th October at 7.30pm in Cator Hall.

 

Signed: M Curry 10.10.07