meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 13th February
2008 at 7.30pm in the Cator Hall
Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr D Brozyna, Mr R
Brown, Mrs S Wilson, Mr R Howes, Mr L Haslam, Cllr Andy Stewart and 4 parishioners.
The minutes of the meeting held on the 12th
December were read. It was proposed by
Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mr R Neale and agreed unanimously that these be
signed as a true record.
- There is still concern about debris left on Bilsthorpe Road and
Wellow Road after hedge cutting. It
was decided to send another letter to NCC Highways Department and approach
- Mr L Haslam reported that the shed to store sandbags etc would
measure 8ft by 12ft and that National Grid were happy to site it on their
- Mr L Haslam reported that he had spoken to the owner of the Old
Methodist Chapel. He had been
waiting to resolve an issue with Severn Trent over a leak. Meanwhile the hole was filled in within
24 hours of it being brought to his attention.
- Notice of appointment of external auditor – Clement Keys –
clerk to write to find fees.
- Ollerton and District CAB Annual Report 2006-07 and request to
consider an application for Grant Aid for this financial year. It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna,
seconded by Mr R Neale with all in agreement that a grant of £50 be made.
- NSDC letter informing of Planning Committee meeting Tuesday 12th
February to consider Planning Application 07/00856/FULEIA Land at Stonish
Hill and Former Bilsthorpe Colliery, Eakring Road, Bilsthorpe. Also document the Committee will be
using to make the considerations.
Mr R Howes said it should be acknowledged what a superb
presentation Madame Chairman made to the Planning Committee. Mr D Brozyna asked for a run down of what
happened at Kelham Hall. Mrs Curry
outlined proceedings concluding with the news that the application had
- NSDC Training on the Code of Conduct (28.2.08)
- PAIN Community Workshop (19.2.08)
- Tree Works Notification Ryalls Farm, Hazeldene, Kirklington
- Library Lovers Week 11-16th Feb.
- NSDC Standards Committee Meeting 24.01.08 Agenda
- NALC Information on services and subscription request.
- NCC Rights of Way Improvement Policy.
- NCC Travel and Transport Briefing (Jan 08)
- NSDC Civil Parking Enforcement (from May 08)
- Rural Community Action / Rural Voices magazine
Application Number 07/01780/FUL
Proposed one No 4 bedroomed family home
Land at Long Springs, Kirklington Road
Circulated and returned 7.1.08
For Nil, Against 6, Absent 1
Proposed new dwelling
Middle Farm, Church Lane
Circulated and returned 17.01.08
For Nil, Against 7
The following decision notices were
Application Number 07/01663/FUL
Alterations to plans for boiler room
Erection of a domestic oil tank store
The Orchard, Church Lane
Approve full planning permission 21.12.07
Application Number 07/01586/FUL
Erection of a conservatory to rear
The Beeches, Main Street
Approve full planning permission 21.1.08
The new disabled ramp has been fitted. Other work involving a drainpipe, water butt
and a new oil tank is ongoing. Quotes
are being sought for refurbishing the toilets and the disabled toilet.
Mr L Haslam said he had received reports of
dog fouling on the recreation ground but could see no evidence. There was some debris in the dyke but he
suggested that it might be better to move this at a later date. Mr R Neale said Weston CC would not be
interested in the roller. The Clerk will
seek quotes for mowing from NCC and Ulyetts of Blidworth.
NALC Subscription £76.02.
It was proposed by Mr R Neale, seconded by
Mr D Brozyna, with all in agreement that this account be paid.
- There were no Parish Plan Initiatives at this meeting.
Mr L Haslam reported that fence
had been placed over a badger set on Mansey Common. The Clerk to write to NWT for their comments.
Footpath 27 (from Mill Lane top
down Mill Hill) was reported to be very overgrown. Clerk to contact landowner.
Footpath 3 (from corner of Mill
Lane/Side Lane by Cherry Lea) is blocked.
Reported to Rights of Way Officer who is trying to find landowner on the
Land Registry so that the offending tree can be removed.
Footpath 4 (by allotments) 2
allotments holders have approached NCC to obtain permission to place road
scrapings on the path to improve drainage.
On an inspection the Rights of Way Officer said the stile at the end of
the allotments was too high. After
discussion the Clerk is to see Jim Meanley and ask if the stile can be removed
and replaced by squeeze posts.
Footpath 4? The wooden footpath
post by the shop has rotted. NCC
proposed to replace it with a metal post.
The owner of Jasmine Cottage has indicated he would be willing to fund a
new wooden post if the Parish Council were agreeable. It was debated and agreed in principle. Clerk to inform Rights of Way Officer.
- Mr L Haslam and Clerk to undertake Green Lane inspection.
- Concern expressed about dog fouling along the allotment footpath. Notice in Eakring Echo with reminder
about £50 fine if caught.
- It was noted that the Bilsthorpe Road sign was down.
- Concern expressed about the news that the shop and PO are due
to close in April. Some
alternatives were suggested. Clerk
to write to PO to explore options.
- Madame Chairman proposed including a new section on the Agenda
‘District/County Councillors’ after ‘Matters Arising’.
- When Cllr Andy Stewart joined the meeting Madame Chairman
thanked him for the cheque for the new gate to the recreation ground.
- Cllr Andy Stewart was asked about the large numbers of lorries passing through the village. The road to Caunton particularly being
noted as a danger. Asked about sign
being placed on the A616 and off the A614 after the Bilsthorpe
turn-off. Cllr Stewart said
statutory signs would not be possible but there were advisory signs as an
alternative and he would look into the position with NCC.
- Mr R Howes mentioned flooding on Kirklington Road near Ernest
Norman’s house. Cllr Stewart
pointed out that if this was coming from a dyke or culvert on private land
then cleaning of these would not be undertaken by NCC.
- Cllr Stewart informed the PC that the Building Better
Communities Fund Grant for the Kirklington Road lay-by would not be
There being no further business, the
meeting closed at 8.45pm.
Next Meeting scheduled for 12th March 2008.
Signed: M Curry 12.03.08