A meeting of the Parish Council was held on Wednesday 13th February 2008 at 7.30pm in the Cator Hall

 

Present

Mrs M Curry, Mr R Neale, Mr D Brozyna, Mr R Brown, Mrs S Wilson, Mr R Howes, Mr L Haslam, Cllr Andy Stewart and 4  parishioners.

 

Minutes

The minutes of the meeting held on the 12th December were read.  It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mr R Neale and agreed unanimously that these be signed as a true record.

 

Matters Arising

  1. There is still concern about debris left on Bilsthorpe Road and Wellow Road after hedge cutting.  It was decided to send another letter to NCC Highways Department and approach the landowner.
  2. Mr L Haslam reported that the shed to store sandbags etc would measure 8ft by 12ft and that National Grid were happy to site it on their land.
  3. Mr L Haslam reported that he had spoken to the owner of the Old Methodist Chapel.  He had been waiting to resolve an issue with Severn Trent over a leak.  Meanwhile the hole was filled in within 24 hours of it being brought to his attention.

 

Correspondence

  1. Notice of appointment of external auditor – Clement Keys – clerk to write to find fees.
  2. Ollerton and District CAB Annual Report 2006-07 and request to consider an application for Grant Aid for this financial year.  It was proposed by Mr D Brozyna, seconded by Mr R Neale with all in agreement that a grant of £50 be made.
  3. NSDC letter informing of Planning Committee meeting Tuesday 12th February to consider Planning Application 07/00856/FULEIA Land at Stonish Hill and Former Bilsthorpe Colliery, Eakring Road, Bilsthorpe.  Also document the Committee will be using to make the considerations.  Mr R Howes said it should be acknowledged what a superb presentation Madame Chairman made to the Planning Committee.  Mr D Brozyna asked for a run down of what happened at Kelham Hall.  Mrs Curry outlined proceedings concluding with the news that the application had been rejected.
  4. NSDC Training on the Code of Conduct (28.2.08)
  5. PAIN Community Workshop (19.2.08)
  6. Tree Works Notification Ryalls Farm, Hazeldene, Kirklington Road.
  7. Library Lovers Week 11-16th Feb.
  8. NSDC Standards Committee Meeting 24.01.08 Agenda
  9. NALC Information on services and subscription request.
  10. NCC Rights of Way Improvement Policy.
  11. NCC Travel and Transport Briefing (Jan 08)
  12. NSDC Civil Parking Enforcement (from May 08)
  13. Rural Community Action / Rural Voices magazine

 

Planning

Application Number 07/01780/FUL

Proposed one No 4 bedroomed family home

Land at Long Springs, Kirklington Road

Circulated and returned 7.1.08

For Nil, Against 6, Absent 1

 

Application  Number 07/01775/FUL

Proposed new dwelling

Middle Farm, Church Lane

Circulated and returned 17.01.08

For Nil, Against 7

 

The following decision notices were received:

 

Application Number 07/01663/FUL

Alterations to plans for boiler room (04/03061/FUL)

Erection of a domestic oil tank store

The Orchard, Church Lane

Approve full planning permission 21.12.07

 

Application Number 07/01586/FUL

Erection of a conservatory to rear

The Beeches, Main Street

Approve full planning permission 21.1.08

 

Cator Hall

The new disabled ramp has been fitted.  Other work involving a drainpipe, water butt and a new oil tank is ongoing.  Quotes are being sought for refurbishing the toilets and the disabled toilet.

 

Recreation Ground

Mr L Haslam said he had received reports of dog fouling on the recreation ground but could see no evidence.  There was some debris in the dyke but he suggested that it might be better to move this at a later date.  Mr R Neale said Weston CC would not be interested in the roller.  The Clerk will seek quotes for mowing from NCC and Ulyetts of Blidworth.

 

Accounts

NALC Subscription  £76.02.

It was proposed by Mr R Neale, seconded by Mr D Brozyna, with all in agreement that this account be paid.

 

Any Other Business

  1. There were no Parish Plan Initiatives at this meeting.
  2. Footpaths

(a)   Mr L Haslam reported that fence had been placed over a badger set on Mansey Common.  The Clerk to write to NWT for their comments.

(b)   Footpath 27 (from Mill Lane top down Mill Hill) was reported to be very overgrown.  Clerk to contact landowner.

(c)   Footpath 3 (from corner of Mill Lane/Side Lane by Cherry Lea) is blocked.  Reported to Rights of Way Officer who is trying to find landowner on the Land Registry so that the offending tree can be removed.

(d)   Footpath 4 (by allotments) 2 allotments holders have approached NCC to obtain permission to place road scrapings on the path to improve drainage.  On an inspection the Rights of Way Officer said the stile at the end of the allotments was too high.  After discussion the Clerk is to see Jim Meanley and ask if the stile can be removed and replaced by squeeze posts.

(e)   Footpath 4? The wooden footpath post by the shop has rotted.  NCC proposed to replace it with a metal post.  The owner of Jasmine Cottage has indicated he would be willing to fund a new wooden post if the Parish Council were agreeable.   It was debated and agreed in principle.  Clerk to inform Rights of Way Officer.

 

  1. Mr L Haslam and Clerk to undertake Green Lane inspection.
  2. Concern expressed about dog fouling along the allotment footpath.  Notice in Eakring Echo with reminder about £50 fine if caught.
  3. It was noted that the Bilsthorpe Road sign was down.
  4. Concern expressed about the news that the shop and PO are due to close in April.  Some alternatives were suggested.  Clerk to write to PO to explore options.
  5. Madame Chairman proposed including a new section on the Agenda ‘District/County Councillors’ after ‘Matters Arising’.
  6. When Cllr Andy Stewart joined the meeting Madame Chairman thanked him for the cheque for the new gate to the recreation ground.
  7. Cllr Andy Stewart was asked about the large numbers of lorries passing through the village.  The road to Caunton particularly being noted as a danger.  Asked about sign being placed on the A616 and off the A614 after the Bilsthorpe turn-off.  Cllr Stewart said statutory signs would not be possible but there were advisory signs as an alternative and he would look into the position with NCC.
  8. Mr R Howes mentioned flooding on Kirklington Road near Ernest Norman’s house.  Cllr Stewart pointed out that if this was coming from a dyke or culvert on private land then cleaning of these would not be undertaken by NCC.
  9. Cllr Stewart informed the PC that the Building Better Communities Fund Grant for the Kirklington Road lay-by would not be forthcoming.

 

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.45pm.

 

Next Meeting scheduled for 12th March 2008.

 

Signed:  M Curry 12.03.08